My latest dive video. Can you quess the location ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid:
Very nice video! Good music too!

The water is warm, 3 mil shorties my guess, the fish are typical caribbean, but I've also seen them in Hawaii, good vis, Cancun-Cozumel :06:

Nope, not Cancun or Cozumel.

Doesn't look like anywhere in the N. Mariana Islands -- we don't have tube sponges like the ones in the video, although I have seen them in Palau. The Indo-Pacific Sergeants, goatfish, and snappers are found in Micronesia, so I can't rule the general area out.

Oh, and nice soundtrack and editing. It opened up to video/audio in a separate window without my having to download, and took about 5 seconds to start on my DSL connection (at work....). Thanks for letting me dive at work!

ronrosa:
Nope, not Cancun or Cozumel.

The Florida Keys :06:

ronrosa:
I'd give that danglie diver a break. I believe he was 12 or 13 yrs. old. Although his dad could have easily tucked everything in for him.

No one has any guesses on the location ?

Naw, sorry...that's no excuse. A couple of cheap clips and some zip ties can fix any dangly in a matter of minutes. The kid should have learned about danglies in class but given the benefit of the doubt, Dad had no excuse. I cringed when I saw them go into that wreck. Big or not, there's tangle hazards inside anything. Not to mention the coral and sponges he damaged by dragging his gauges along.

OK...off by soapbox.... :soapbox:

I'd guess either the Florida Keys, around the middle Keys, or a bit farther north on the Atlantic side.

Dee:
90 seconds to download....nice video. I don't know who the other divers were but they need to tighten up those danglies! That drives me nuts!
What about the hand on the coral????????????

ronrosa:
Can you quess the location ?

www.ronrosa.com/test.wmv

Great video and thanks for sharing, I'm going to guess Aruba?
BTW who is the music by?

getwet2:
What about the hand on the coral????????????

That was the divemaster's hand, not mine. Not sure if it was coral or a rock.

getwet2:
Great video and thanks for sharing, I'm going to guess Aruba?
BTW who is the music by?

We have a winner !!!

Aruba it is. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the diving. I originally was debating whether or not to bring my video gear. I'm sure glad I did bring it.

While I wouldn't consider Aruba a dive destination, their is still some good diving there.

Off of Oahu?

ronrosa:
We have a winner !!!

Aruba it is. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the diving. I originally was debating whether or not to bring my video gear. I'm sure glad I did bring it.

While I wouldn't consider Aruba a dive destination, their is still some good diving there.
I think that was the Antilla near the end of the video, I enjoyed the diving in Aruba when I was there in 2001.
You forgot to tell me who the music was by on the video!

Back
Top Bottom