My Miflex feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

since this is the "feedback thread"....

I noticed that Miflex isn't made in blue in the 44", 60", etc... I wonder why that is?

go up to 7' and they have blue again. go figure.

This is simply down to request for which sizes are required from distributors and customers around the world.

Sizes are added to stock, once we assess an understand there is suitable volume requirements for them.

For the US we launched a range of sizes, and as demand is fed back to us, we alter and add to the range available.

Hope that helps

Peter
Miflexhoses

Peter...

when should we expect to see regulator manufacturers start shipping regulators with MiFlex hoses installed "from the factory" or "as an option"?

I mean why buy a new regulator, then take $50 worth of regular hoses and throw them aside (in the upgrade process) when you really want MiFlex hoses to start with?

I use a 7 foot hose and am happy with stowing and deploying the hose.

I've had them in use for a full season now and one neg I have is that on the long hose, some of the fibers are fraying. Just a few, you really can't see it, but I can feel it on my neck as it rests there when stowed.

My solution was to cut those nubs with a nail clipper, but they do crop up now and then.

Naturally, in the cooler water when I wear a hood, I can feel this...

Peter...

when should we expect to see regulator manufacturers start shipping regulators with MiFlex hoses installed "from the factory" or "as an option"?

I mean why buy a new regulator, then take $50 worth of regular hoses and throw them aside (in the upgrade process) when you really want MiFlex hoses to start with?

Aqualung have done this with their Mikron. Not sure if other ones come with it though.

I've got three sets of regs, all fully 'MiFlexed up'. Drysuit inflators included. I love the things !! Couldn't find a 22'' in yellow, though.

This is simply down to request for which sizes are required from distributors and customers around the world.

Sizes are added to stock, once we assess an understand there is suitable volume requirements for them.

For the US we launched a range of sizes, and as demand is fed back to us, we alter and add to the range available.

Hope that helps

Peter
Miflexhoses

Has there been enough demand for 40'' green reg hoses yet to persuade you guys into making some?

Nate

since this is the "feedback thread"....

I noticed that Miflex isn't made in blue in the 44", 60", etc... I wonder why that is?

go up to 7' and they have blue again. go figure.

I have an almost new blue 40" Miflex reg hose for sale. Just saying...

Peter...

Most of the manufacturers are going to start shipping with the miflex.....You will see new models coming out with them.

I have a 48" routed under arm(dont like hose around my neck) with a 360 swivel, and love it. I have a 3" snap on it, so when its not in my mouth, its clipped off on d-ring instead of just hanging at my knees :D I do notice the "memory" issue people talk about, but its just positioning and should work itself out :wink:

I have also heard word of a knock off coming....about half the price...... :eek:

So the memory is not just my imagination.

What are the over-riding pluses for people then? I have to say, fraying (which I have not use enough to notice), and memory are reasons for me to not use them.

Note: I am in Micronesia, where fraying would bug the hell out of me because no wetsuit. And it would definitely piss off customers, who are sunburnt and not wearing wetsuits.

So the memory is not just my imagination.

What are the over-riding pluses for people then? I have to say, fraying (which I have not use enough to notice), and memory are reasons for me to not use them.

Note: I am in Micronesia, where fraying would bug the hell out of me because no wetsuit. And it would definitely piss off customers, who are sunburnt and not wearing wetsuits.

I havent had any fraying issues, but that to me is not "more durable than rubber hoses"...and I would send it back under warranty instead of dealing with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom