My Miflex feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is simply down to request for which sizes are required from distributors and customers around the world.

Sizes are added to stock, once we assess an understand there is suitable volume requirements for them.

For the US we launched a range of sizes, and as demand is fed back to us, we alter and add to the range available.

Hope that helps

Peter
Miflexhoses

My Miflex feedback: (My miflex hose is an 5 ft "underarm and loop around the neck dealio")
1. They're stiff in a funny way. There's a "memory" to them that is surprising considering how flexible they are topside.
Has anyone else noticed that they have a memory, based on how they were stored? Will this memory work itself out? Do I need to worry about how I store the hose to keep it from happening?
2. As far as skipping a swivel because it's a miflex hose, that's no good for me. I tried it with no swivel, the 120 degree swivel, and the 90 degree swivel. It's the 120 swivel for me when the hose is looped around my neck, and that's no change from using a rubber hose.
Those who have tried them: Have you tried them on the 5 foot or 7 foot lengths?

I use a 7 foot hose and am happy with stowing and deploying the hose.
I've had them in use for a full season now and one neg I have is that on the long hose, some of the fibers are fraying. Just a few, you really can't see it, but I can feel it on my neck as it rests there when stowed.
My solution was to cut those nubs with a nail clipper, but they do crop up now and then.
Naturally, in the cooler water when I wear a hood, I can feel this...

Hello Peter,

Welcome to Scuba Board.

I have not yet purchased any Miflex hoses, but like a lot of others here I'm interested in them. Could we impose upon you to comment on the original post regarding the hoses taking positional set and what precautions should be taken to prevent it. I would assume storing the hose with a large bend radius should be best. Also, the issue of fraying should be addressed. At what point would one consider it serious enough to discard the hose or is fraying not an issue at all due to the internal linings?

Colors/colours are not a real issue.

Thank you,

Couv

This is simply down to request for which sizes are required from distributors and customers around the world.

Sizes are added to stock, once we assess an understand there is suitable volume requirements for them.

For the US we launched a range of sizes, and as demand is fed back to us, we alter and add to the range available.

Hope that helps

Peter
Miflexhoses

How about some Oxygen Green color for the US in various lengths?

I have mine and really like them (long and short hose). However they are more abrasive on the neck. Not a worry, in what is for me normal cold water diving. However, on a recent trip to Bonaire, the abrasiveness of the weave had 2 bad traits: 1. Rubs the sunscreeen off my lily white northern neck. 2 Irritates the newly sunburnt neck the next few days.
Yes I could have avoided it by switching back to the original standard length hoses for the trip, but did not forsee this issue.

I know, I'm resurrecting this thread but I'd like to point out the them "memory" after leaving it in storage for a year is now so annoying I'll switch back to regular hoses.

When doing an S-Drill the hose twists on itself and really KEEPS the memory of its previous "state".

You fight with it a bit and it's really nice and stays put, but it's static, meaning that once you try to deploy it, it twists and turns on itself and becomes a piece of ****.

My 2c
(posted this because I had an annoying weekend doing S-drills)

Reactions: Jax
Im confused. Whats the point of a 5' primary hose? I'm using a 26" miflex i just don't know why you want to go longer and wrap it under your arm and around your head.
thanks

Im confused. Whats the point of a 5' primary hose? I'm using a 26" miflex i just don't know why you want to go longer and wrap it under your arm and around your head.
thanks

It doesn't wrap around your head, it just lays across the back of your neck. The point is that having some room between two divers who are sharing gas makes life a lot nicer, especially if you have to swim some distance or need to blow a bag. If you want to hold on to each other and ascend vertically, you can do that too.

Last edited:
7ft & 22" Miflex hoses (100 dives +). The work very well but needs to be routed effectively (can light works very well for me). They do have memory and if stored correctly helps with routing.

I have 22" LP on backup and 24" HP for SPG for my single tank setup, used for 3 monthes. So far, I don't have any big issues with them, but I also don't see any benefits at all. I will be using regular rubber hose for my double setup.

The shorter hose are good for me. I don't have any problem with the rest of the miflex I have. Only the 7ft one is a PITA.
I guess with the length is a factor.

Anything 5' or less for LP I will use Miflex

7' I tried and went back to rubber for the above mentioned reasons

HP well we know the reports, so far mine are fine but I'm not buying any more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom