My New Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If 80 cubic feet is a good volume for you, try out lp85's. They are a little bit narrower but longer, and trim nicer than hp80's.

Mauigal, if you're dry suit diving, I highly recommend LP 85s. They're about the weight of Al80s, they're long enough to trim out well, and at least for me, they're a ton of gas.

For warm water diving, I've been really happy with Al80s.

Mauigal, if you're dry suit diving, I highly recommend LP 85s. They're about the weight of Al80s, they're long enough to trim out well, and at least for me, they're a ton of gas.

For warm water diving, I've been really happy with Al80s.

baby steps.... may do dry suit in between cavern and into cave. maybe...
I was also considering a Scuba pro semi dry Nova Scotia.

do you use double AL80's? Do you use tank weights with those? is that what y'all mean by trim? thanks

which them? HP 80's or LP 85's
thanks

Lp85' are my favorite tanks. My fabers are 7" dia and long. Short tanks like a HP80 will put a lot of mass high on your body. Remember you will have the tanks, and the tank bands / bolts, and the center section of the manifold, and two first stage regs. The manifold and regs are right behind your head.

This can easily lead to the "head stand" phenomena.

Longer tanks like the LP85's or even al 80's will help to counter this effect. It is far more common for "new to doubles" divers to be heads down, than hips down.

HP100's are also similar in length to LP 85's and are usually well tolerated as doubles.

Good luck,

Tobin

Maybe it is because I use the ultimate velcro doubles bands and I can get them lower on my back.

I have a set of these. Kind of a novelty. I had the tanks given to me and knew that I would never use them for deco tanks and said what the heck. Pretty sure I had the only set in Guam. Everyone had questions when I took them on the cattle boats. Jam them up and you have approx 115 ft3 of your choice of breathing gas.

I am not suggesting that you jam anything anywhere.

Jimmer 7 years ago oms had aset up just like that I thought they dove great, I have a old set of al 50s doubled up also, ilove small doubles for hunting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom