My New Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a set of 72's as well, and I like them a lot. My lp108's trim better than them, but the 108's are so friggen heavy for an average dive. I'm at an advantage as far as the fills go. I work for a shop and get free fills.

I just got 2 new Worthington 40's, can't wait to dive them but we got 4" of snow last night after 8" last friday and the lake is still frozen. But one good thing was I used the money I made plowing snow to buy the tanks so I guess shouldn't complain.

Jimmer, were the tank bands that Victor (detroit mudpuppy) made for your baby doubles, custom made? If so, was it expensive to commission them? I seem to remember that when I purchased my off-the-shelf, non-isolating manifold bar for my OMS 45's (c. 1996), one could special order custom made bands from OMS and other manufacturers of tech diving equipment. I don't think I ever learned the price for this special service, though.

*** Sorry, I meant to post this to a thread on the Solo Divers forum. It's posted there now. ***

Last edited:
hey jimmer -- nice set up, ive often thought a pair of 45s would be nice climbing up those stairs at vets instead of the HP100s or even worse my old LP95s...

one question, are you diving dry and if so, how much weight do u need with the 45s?

thx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom