My new Zeagle Brigade power inflator leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely ask ST to simply send you a new BX inflator, then send the original one back to them. Should cost only a couple of dollars in postage at the most.

moved to the Zeagle forum. Zeagle - ScubaBoard

Thanks Steve!

Softballer - sorry to hear that you are having issues, but I'm sure that we can get you all fixed up before your check out dives!! If you haven't heard back from Scuba Toys, send me a Personal Message on here and I will get you all sorted out!

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks Steve!

Softballer - sorry to hear that you are having issues, but I'm sure that we can get you all fixed up before your check out dives!! If you haven't heard back from Scuba Toys, send me a Personal Message on here and I will get you all sorted out!

Thanks!

Scott

Hey thanks for the offer but scuba toys shipped a new inflator to me today. The customization and your stellar customer service is the reason I purchased a zeagle bcd.

It really means alot that you would personally step up to the plate when one of your products has any issue.

I just wanted to come back and revisit this issue, in case someone else has a problem down the line.

I asked the engineering dept. as well as the regulator dept. folks to take a look at the posts on here and offer some input, and here you go:

After reading some of the answers on the Scuba Board, the first thing
we have to make clear is that the Inflator Module (the part with the female ¼”
Hex socket) should NEVER be tightened to stop a leak at this point.
Going past the point where the technician installing the Module feels
the head of the Module come in contact with the Inflator Body, can
result in cracks at the Module’s head section and a bigger leak. The
first step a technician should try is simply rotating the Module with a
¼” Hex wrench about ¼ of a turn counter-clockwise and then about ¼”
clockwise or until he feels the two parts making contact. This will
sometimes allow the O-ring to re-align itself just enough to stop a
small leak like this. If that doesn’t cure the problem, the next step
would be to remove the Module then remove the two O-rings and
re-lubricate them with thick O-ring Grease. This will sometimes remove small debris caught under the O-ring that can cause a small leak.

The good news here is that small leak is not indicative of an imminent
larger failure. The O-ring is fully captured and as long as the Module
is not over-tightened, the leak will not increase.

The bad news is that leaks like this in plastic parts are often a
result of shrinkage variations that can occur when plastic parts are molded and cured.
Unlike brass dimensions that are easily held consistent and within
narrow tolerances, plastic parts will vary. What this means is that
the only full cure for this leak may be the replacement of the full inflator assembly.
Zeagle's warranty, of course, will cover this, and a bonus of the Bx
Connection at the Zeagle Inflator’s Corrugated Hose, is that the
switch can be made easily with no tools.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks, Scott.

It's good to know (a) how to try to cure the problem, (b) that it isn't serious and (c) that Zeagle stands behind us.

My inflator on my new (less than two months old) Express Tech did the same thing... Just FYI in case it's a widespread problem.... I have the 35lb Bladder.

I should add - the happiest diving day I've had was when my Knighthawk went on eBay and my Express Tech got wet!

My NEW inflator is leaking from the same place - just sent an email to scubatoys again.

This is getting frustrating..

I had exactly the same problem with my new 30lb Donut Bladder. Sent a email of to Chriso at Divetub and he express posted me up a service kit for it. Havent tried it out yet but hopefully will be all good.

Cant fault Zeagle atm !!

Joel

Back
Top Bottom