my tank hits my head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you for real? :confused:

You send me a snotty PM about a joke I pulled, and now you'd dive with my anywhere?

Are you kidding me? Cos if you are it's not that funny.

And if you mean it.... I dare you to come dive me!

"If I was a frog, I'd be the baddest frog in the pond"

bermudaskink once bubbled...
come dive WITH me...

("come dive me" sounds a little to kinky)

LOL, yes, but sounds FUN!!! :wink:

sorry, couldn't resist :eek:ut:

well, that's too bad. I meant what I said... you look way comfortable in that pic. IMHO, comfort is one of the hallmarks of a great diver. Are you a great diver? Heck, I can't discern that from a single pic, but what I saw impressed me.

However, if/when we ever have to pull a post; we try and tell the person why and how they can avoid it in the future. You can call it snotty if you like, but at least I had the courtesy to tell what I did and why. I never had a problem with you in particular... just them thar durn posts that you put up to increase your post count. You see, as moderators we try to read every post that is put up. Impossible you say... well you are right, and when we have people posting a single "1" and then a "2" and then a "3" just to increase their post count, it kinda puts our panties in a twist. So sure, it may have been a tad snotty to you, but we have plenty of posts to read without those types. :tease:

BTW, your comment about me lacking a sense of humor in that PM you sent me was particularly funny. It may be severely demented, but I gots a sense of humor.

Back to your question: On many of today's BCDs there is a strap that can be used to hang the BCD on the tank to make it easier to strap the tank. Many are adjustable. If you adjust the strap so that the BCD hangs at the right height for you on the tank, then it will make it easier to strap the tank at the same height each time.

I had my BCD a little to far down the tank at first, and if I looked up hard I would occasionally feel the first stage with the back of my head. Not a big problem at home (5mm hood) but annoying in warm water (no hood). I shortened the strap a little, that moved the BCD a little ways up the tank, and now it is always at the proper height for me and for my regulator setup.

If you use rental gear, then you wil have to experiment a little and find a way to figure out how high/low to wear the tank for your personal preferences.

I think Most of the people on this board would agree that diving shouldn't hurt. (although some of them . . . . .)

my dos centavos, but only because you asked,

Wristshot

I see many divers who have their tanks way too low. It isn't supposed to hit the backs of your knees :D

Another thing to consider is can you reach your valve? Ideally, you should be able to reach back while diving to manipulate your valve. Although some will likely question the reasoning or suitability of being able to turn the valve on/off on a single tank, there are several instances in which this would be desireable. You forget to turn it on...just reach back and turn it on yourself. You only turned it part way on, now that you are at depth it is breathing difficult, you can reach back and turn it fully on. You have a freeflow issue...once you've solved the immediate problem, you can then reach back to turn it off. In all these circumstances...yes...your buddy could help you out but...it's nice to know that you are able to solve the problem by yourself simply by setting your tank so that you can do it regardless.

Back
Top Bottom