N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patient1, Version 1.1 will not allow you to set the user text. Only the newer software will.

Firefyter I'm more than glad to see that you love the suunto software. They certainly have had lots of practice creating computers and the corresponding logging software that goes with them.

Last year I worked pretty hard to get Seikos terrible 5 year old source codes to do anything at all with the N2ition when I packaged V1 so if you feel V1 was cheap I hope you didn't pay too much for it.:wink: The new software that I am packaging and testing right now has the following features.

Vista and XP Compatible.
Works with N2ition and N2ition 3
Sets Date, Time, and above water User Text.
Manual Log Entry
Log printing w/ standard print sizes
Recycle deleted logs
Log data import (upgrade from N2ition-PC V1)
Ongoing total dive time and logs w/ offset feature
Place to enter and remember items via manual entry or downloaded from the computer::
date, place, site, condition, buddy, guide, weather and visibility, altitude, PGT, OLI, max Depth, average depth, water type, dive time, start/end time, surf time, safety factor, temp, suit type, O2% of tank 1 2 and or 3, tank type, working PSI, start PSI,end PSI, SAC calculator, total consumption, user configured gear sets, comment box and, OH yeah...weight used.

On a final note before I get back to coding, the vista version is working for me using both the N2ition and the N2ition3. Im running Vista Business. Also the XP version checked out with the N2ition3 and today I will test it with the original N2ition.

Thanks.
Gibby

PS Scott.....It's currently 2am. You owe me a beer and a BBQ lunch.

Just picked up my N2ition-3 last night from the shop. Planning on using it as my backup to my Aeris Atmos AI. I've been using the software for the Aeris computers for a few years and they still don't have somethings working just right. So I don't expect early versions of this software to work perfectly. Good to see someone like Gibby is working hard to make the software usable. I played with the version 1 software last night, and one thing I saw I really liked was the N2 compartment loading graph in the lower right of the dive details window. Since I just finished teaching half-life to a divecon class, I thought damn, why didn't I have that 2 nights ago. Could have covered the topic in 2 minutes rather than the 30 we spent discussing it and it put my dry-erase board drawings to shame. I hope this part stays. It really illustrates your nitrogen loading on your dive. I look forward to getting the latest version so I can play with it next week on my liveaboard in The Bahamas.:D

By the way I read the manual and while I found where you can set the Conservation Factor from 0 to 3, it doesn't say what this actually does. Any hints?

After reading the manual several times through because my computer hasn't arrived yet, I beleive the conservation factor does all the calculations at the "next higher altitude rank." This is kind of confusing in that the Zeagle manual has overlap by about 1000ft in the altitudes. I would then guess it will make calculations based on a value at the higher end of the altitude of the next rank. Example: If your real reading is 2500ft above sea level (this falls within rank 0 and rank 1 of the scale) and you set the conservation factor to 1, it must take the reading of something close to 5904 which is the highest value of rank #1? There is probably an equation that gives the conservation factor a specific value in each rank depending on your actual altitude. How to find out for sure I do not know.

Good morning all.
With regard to the safety factor, the simple answer is that it just bumps you up an altitude notch. The altitude feature on most if not all computers is sort of an auto safety gradient based on the starting ambient pressure out of the water. Now don't exactly quote me on this but I beleive from what I have read is that the computer's gas absorption algorithms are then modified so that the tissues compartments load faster and the NDl thresholds are lowered. The difference between safety factor and altitude rank is that the safety factor is manually set where altitude rank works on its own

When you get your computer, set the safe setting to the highest level (SF-2) then go to plan mode. You will notice that all of the NDL times are lowered. Even a 30 foot dive drops to 169 minuets rather than unlimited with SF-0

Figuring out what exact equation the safety gradients are using is most likely something only the little guys across the left pond know about. As far as I'm concerned, they can keep that info all to themselves. My mind is boggled enough just making sure that silly green LED lights up on the download clip when you plug it in to a USB port.

In other news...
Both the N2ition and the N2ition 3 are connecting and downloading on XP.
Emails with beta files are going out now.

Thanks

It says on their site that they are supporting the N3.
I'm not sure if it has native download support or you may be downloading the logbook then importing to DivingLog.

It says on their site that they are supporting the N3.
I'm not sure if it has native download support or you may be downloading the logbook then importing to DivingLog.

It's a download and then export/import.

users experiencing problems with the original N2ition and the vista version of the software. I don't have a answer yet.....

I need a Vista user that has the original N2ition computer that has not attempted to install the original N2ition-PC software that was released released last year.

By the way.
Scott is going to send a free Zeagle T-shirt to the beta testers.

I need a Vista user that has the original N2ition computer that has not attempted to install the original N2ition-PC software that was released released last year.

By the way.
Scott is going to send a free Zeagle T-shirt to the beta testers.

I will hopefully get my two N2itions early next week, and I have vista. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom