N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you.

Do not install any software.
I will send you the link to the functioning versions when you are ready to do so.

Also, please send me a PM with your shirt size and a shipping address.

Thanks

Before leaving for vacation for 2 weeks I just had to try it out (no diving on vac.) I loaded both software to an XP-Home Edition machine and a Vista-Home Premium machine. Both loaded fine by following the READ ME FIRST instructions. I took my computer snorkling in the farm pond for a bit and after sawtooth profile from hell, took it to 10ft and left on bottom for 5 mins. or so before getting it.

Both computers' security wasn't too sure about allowing the hardware driver after pugging the USB chord in. They said "Microsoft could not verify source etc." but after being pushed through, both machines downloaded the data. At a profile setting of 10 sec. it took each machine about 1 min. 10 sec. to download my mock 14 min. dive.

Uploading the user settable data, Gibby called it the "little three screen thing" is a cool feature that only took about 5 seconds to upload. Make sure you use all caps or it won't allow any characters. You can do a lot with that, like "CHECKING EMAIL" or "SEARCHNG WIFI" or something that will make others wonder if they need to get a new Zeagle computer. With three changing screens of 16 characters, you can have a ball.

All of the functions on the software worked. I thought the 4 selection suit menu was not inclusive enough (i.e. combo thickness suits, hoods etc) and it cannot be added to, but then realized this info does not print out anyway so you can add specifics of gear in the comments section which does print. Works for me!

Thanks for the help Gibby!

Hey Gibby,

Do you have problems with the program accepting tank size? Each time I enter a value, it returns to zero. Working pressure/StartP/EndP all populate ok, its just the size that will not accept any value. Are there specific values for this field? Thanks!

Hey Gibby,

Do you have problems with the program accepting tank size? Each time I enter a value, it returns to zero. Working pressure/StartP/EndP all populate ok, its just the size that will not accept any value. Are there specific values for this field? Thanks!

I am running the software (xp version 1.11) on a mac with Windows XP/Parallels 4.0 and it works pretty well, however some issues I have noticed.....

The weight (pounds) does not work properly..... I have set the program to use ft and if you enter 12.0 it reverts to 11.9.

The tank size (cuft) does not work properly. If you enter 80.0, it rezumes to 0.00. This is the same for all three tanks.

Finally, I am unable to enter anything into the gearlist.

BTW, if you need to test anything, Parallels allows you to clone the operating system at any point in time which would allow you to do some more analysis.

Also, out of curiosity, does zeagle intend to make a leopard/mac version, or are they just going to
leave it up to Parallels?

The program isn't a "Zeagle" program...the program is from Seiko Epson.

This is the reason that ALL companies who sell this computer are having the same issues with Vista, etc.

I don't think a leopard/mac version is planned...

Thank you for the info.....
Any chance that my post qualifies for a free t-shirt :joke:

I'm working on a version for the mac right now.

I call it the I-bend
It is going to cost $500
Its not upgradable.
I'll label it cutting edge but won't include all of the available PC version features.
The current download kit won't work with it. (Different cable end)
Newer non-backward compatible version will be available next year.

hyperbaric-mac.jpg

I just want to give everybody an update since I've been quiet for awhile about the software.

Scott and myself have been in contact with other companies that have released clones of the N2ition 3 and its related logbook software. As Scott said, everybody is experiencing similar issues across the board.

Here are the biggest bugs we are concerned with.
These bugs seem to be present less than 2% of the time.

#1 Sometimes the bugs show up other times they don't.
We have found no cause for it to work on one vista machine and not the another.

#2 Dives not downloading from the computer.
It runs through the motions but no data shows up.

#3 USB driver wants to load again when plugged into a different USB port.
The driver is assigned to the USB port and not the host computer.

#4 Software fails to run at all.
So far its just vista that has this issue.

After being in a battle with the software code for months now, I'm forced to put this project on the back burner for a few weeks and knock out a few other obligations that I pushed back as long as I could. In the mean time we are hoping that Seiko will help us all out and fix the problems themselves.

When I do return to the project here are the goals I have set.
1 Finish fixing all bugs.
2 Unify the installers into one single install file (Vista and XP)
3 Make it work with Vista 64bit
4 Update the included help files with better Jap-lish translations
5 Brand the software with the big Z and rename it "N2ition-PC 3"
6 Pray to god that Windows 7 structure isn't to different next year

I apologize that we don't have an answer for you guys that experienced problems but we are still going to work on it.

Thanks for the help Gibby. I have the "expensive" download cable and have not been able to use it. I even tried installing on a XP machine with no previous installs and still experience the #2 bug.

So for now, I am using the cable as a clothes pin for my dive shorts!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom