Nautilus LL GPS MMSI necessary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be shocked if it worked that way.

When a PLB goes off, it sends a satellite signal to any satellite that will listen.

It will then send a signal to anyone programmed to receive.

That may be the boat that isn't too far away, specifically, and will set off a DSC alarm on that boat. It may also be any boat in the vicinity, as well as Rescue 21.

I never paid attention to DSC alarms that went off as (we had a conversation n another thread) unregistered locator beacons or DSC radio alarms go off all the time.

I did respond to them when I was in Cuba as many of my divers had Lifelines and wanted to "try them out". FML. I'm not sure that the response was what they wished it was.

I’m in agreement with @OMyMyOHellYes. I have the same unit. It’s not the former Lifeline. It’s a marine rescue GPS. It only allows you to program the MMSI of a boat you may be diving from. Says zero about getting your own plus no way to program it. It sends a distress call via AIS. It only sends a DSC to the marine radio on your board if you’ve programmed it ahead of time.

DGX has some useful details:

Thanks for the reminder, time to update my details.

Done, so easy here , which was a surprise. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom