Need a bit of advice with my sidemount project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I have seen you freeze after a dive :D

I've seen you freeze after a dive too :p In a "dry" suit :p

I used to think of some caves as better done wet. While that still holds true for some, it's a lot less than it used to be since I bought a Black Ice. My Black Ice trims out as well, if not better, than my 8/6 wet suit. I have yet to be cold in my Black Ice, and that includes 3 hour long dives. You have also limited yourself to one dive a day throughout the winter because you didn't want to get back in that frozen wet suit! :wink:

I don't do 3 hour dives, and the dives I've done close to those times have had minimal decompression :) no problem when moving all the time. The handfull of longer decos I've done absolutely don't warrant spending $1400 for a drysuit. It'd just be silly for me.

I stand by my post, I've never done a dive that required a drysuit.

I have the same tanks as you and mine trim out fine. Ask Edd about it. Edd and I talked about it and not sure what the difference is except I dive dry. My bands are in the middle of my tanks too.

They are the Asahi tanks which are spun. That makes them pretty tail heavy.....like Rob said we had the cam straps at the bottom and about 6# of extra trim weight. Needless to say I will be renting tanks untill I find some I like but just about anything will be better then asahi tanks.

They are the Asahi tanks which are spun. That makes them pretty tail heavy.....like Rob said we had the cam straps at the bottom and about 6# of extra trim weight. Needless to say I will be renting tanks untill I find some I like but just about anything will be better then asahi tanks.

Ahh, I see. I was just going off what Edd had said. I don't think I ever heard of the Asahi brand. Mine are 6 year old Genesis tanks, they dive great.

Ahh, I see. I was just going off what Edd had said. I don't think I ever heard of the Asahi brand. Mine are 6 year old Genesis tanks, they dive great.

These are branded Genesis as well but are 3 years old. Mine have japan and spun stamped in them. Yours should be stamped 3500psi where as mine are 3445psi. I didn't do enough research before picking these up!

I think the bottom of these things are made of lead.

These are branded Genesis as well but are 3 years old. Mine have japan and spun stamped in them. Yours should be stamped 3500psi where as mine are 3445psi. I didn't do enough research before picking these up!

I think the bottom of these things are made of lead.

Yep, they are 3500s. That's too bad about yours, still make a good OW single.

I will call it stupid tax........ They work out fine for OW singles.

I've seen you freeze after a dive too :p In a "dry" suit :p

That's because he doesn't have a Black Ice... :wink:

I don't do 3 hour dives, and the dives I've done close to those times have had minimal decompression :) no problem when moving all the time. The handfull of longer decos I've done absolutely don't warrant spending $1400 for a drysuit. It'd just be silly for me.

I stand by my post, I've never done a dive that required a drysuit.

I think you're limiting yourself. :wink: If you had a dry suit, you could be doing those 3 hour dives with more deco because you wouldn't have to worry about getting cold... :wink:

I will call it stupid tax........ They work out fine for OW singles.

If you haven't bought gear that didn't work out for you, you aren't a gear head... I can't even begin to tell you how much gear I've bought that ended up being a mistake! :D

If you haven't bought gear that didn't work out for you, you aren't a gear head... I can't even begin to tell you how much gear I've bought that ended up being a mistake! :D

In my short diving career I have only bought a few things new the rest of my stuff has been used.
Thank god for the internet to research stuff! :D

Why am I limiting myself? There's plenty of shallower dives to keep me busy for years, no need to sit around doing nothing for hours on end :p

Deco is limiting, most of my diving is while on the move :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom