Need A Couple Questions Answered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks SangP. Same message I've gotten from my primary instructor. Guess the next thing to do is to sign up for the drysuit course ...

Instructor says I can dive with whatever works for me, but if I want to go the DM / instructor route, I'll need to wear what the students are wearing -- i.e. a jacket BCD.

It all depends on the shop. Some shops don't care what the instructors use and some shops insist on poodle jackets. I think that for the latter, it's more about trying to push the sales than anything else.

I haven't tried a drysuit yet, but everyone says once you dive dry, you never want to do back.

Depends. I only used drysuit when the water is too cold for me to handle in my 7mm wetsuit. I like the wetsuit: easy on/off, easy maintenance.

Fair enough, but does a BP/W setup work better with a drysuit?

Nope. Your exposure suit has little to do with whichever type of BC you're using.

so I had my regs looked at by the tech at my LDS. he said the the regs tested ok. couple new o-rings on the pressure gauge, fixed the small leak. so i decided to use my own regs and and gear, rather than rent. however, my wreck dive got cut short due to high winds. we had to turn the boat around and head it. but we did have a couple shore dives to around 85 feet.

i am currently diving a wetsuit. but i do plan on buying a drysuit as the water gets colder. tobin recommended the DUI drysuit. CF200 i think? any other recommendations?

Also, does anyone know if theres any store stocking the DSS weight plates? preferably in canada?

When it comes to drysuit recommendation, it's even worst than BC. Many, many, many choices of styles AND material.

DUI is definitely the leader in drysuit manufacture, but it's not the be-all-end-all. Just because the Green Berets or Navy SEAL uses something, it doesn't mean that you'd have the same requirement unless you wanna be a poseur.

Anyway, to keep this thread from getting too derailed, I'd suggest posting a thread in the Exposure Suits subforum.

I've used and liked the Whites Fusion, and that's what I'm planning on buying next. It fits MY needs. Like the rest of the gears, your drysuit should fit YOUR needs.

so I had my regs looked at by the tech at my LDS. he said the the regs tested ok. couple new o-rings on the pressure gauge, fixed the small leak. so i decided to use my own regs and and gear, rather than rent. however, my wreck dive got cut short due to high winds. we had to turn the boat around and head it. but we did have a couple shore dives to around 85 feet.

i am currently diving a wetsuit. but i do plan on buying a drysuit as the water gets colder. tobin recommended the DUI drysuit. CF200 i think? any other recommendations?

Also, does anyone know if theres any store stocking the DSS weight plates? preferably in canada?

Stay with your current regs for the time being till you have need for something better.

For the dry suit I would like to echo the same comments, post your questions in the exposure section.

For the DSS plates, I'm sure you could get Dan's dive shop to order them for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom