need help because i use too much before everybody else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok at the end of our OW class I had 16 lbs and my wife had 20 lbs. In our AOW class the first dive was PPB and the instructor added 4 lbs to my wife before we went in, which put her at 24 lbs not 22 lbs as I stated on my earlier post. She was really fighting her buoyancy and trim on the PPB dive. As in having to adjust her BC a lot, then he had us cross our legs and hover, she was rolling over upside down which looked pretty funny but was no help at all, he just watched her giving no help, then we swam around. When we went up to the boat he told her she needs to work on it.

This weekend when she ran so low on air the DM, from another LDS removed 8 lbs of weight and said she has way to much weight. Sorry about the numbers being wrong I just read her log book and found the correct numbers. We do keep track of all our dives so we can refer back to them as needed.

How do I put this diplomatically? Your instructor SUCKS!!!

If that's how he conducts Peak Performance Buoyancy training then you need to take out your dive knife and cut his ass and leave him bleeding for the sharks.

Weigh yourselves (both of you) so that with a full tank, a deflated BC and emptied lungs, no kicking/finning, your head is just below the surface. That's proper weighting with a single tank. Whatever weight it takes to do that is your dive weight. Then and only then the two of you should observe each other while diving and see if any of you need to distribute the weights around so that you can establish horizontal trim - not head heavy or leg heavy.

I've been a certified diver for almost a month now. My main problem is air consumption, well I'm also Nitrox certified so Nitrox consumption. Any tips not to consumer Nitrox so fast than other people. I workout a lot, so could that be a problem to the breathing underwater? Thank you.

Bhard, there is no difference in consuming air or Nitrox -- the same considerations pertain. Review the thread you just posted in -- there are a great many good tips on reducing gas consumption.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom