Need help on a Sherwood Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quadcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone I am buying an old regulator (20 years old) from my Dad's old dive buddy. It is a Sherwood Oasis. I had it services and it looks like its in really good condition. Do you guys have any idea of what i should offer for this?

Thanks for any help

Daniel

I have one, same age, and I still use it and I really like it. I have no idea what to advise on an offer for it, but I just wanted to let you know how much I like mine. Hope that helps.

Hey everyone I am buying an old regulator (20 years old) from my Dad's old dive buddy. It is a Sherwood Oasis. I had it services and it looks like its in really good condition. Do you guys have any idea of what i should offer for this?

Thanks for any help

Daniel

Check that the dry air bleed system will blow soap bubbles when pressurized.
Check that the 2nd stage body doesn't have cracks in the plastic where the hose fitting enters the regulator body.
If you should have to replace hoses, mouthpiece, piston and 2nd stage body you're upside down in it.
It's a $100 regulator if it passes the tests.

I have one, same age, and I still use it and I really like it. I have no idea what to advise on an offer for it, but I just wanted to let you know how much I like mine. Hope that helps.

Ditto, been using mine for close to that long, never had a problem. I did, however, update it to what I guess I would call the "second generation" exhaust housing, once while I had it in for service. Didn't have a problem with the original design, but the second gen's are a little lighter in weight.

Back
Top Bottom