Need help with Gloves - Cold Water Quarry Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henderson Insta Dry gloves were the best...so they quit making them. Go figure. They might still be able to be found if you look real hard. The new Henderson Aqualock gloves are very good but the length needs to be cut because they are way too long. Since it about time for a new pair of gloves I think that I will give the Dry 5's a shot. OBTW, I dive year round and the quarry temps get down to under 50 degrees f.

---------- Post added October 4th, 2014 at 11:22 PM ----------

After doing some research and watching this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FVIfk2Ajm4 , am I to believe that you can actually put he dry suit seal over the first layer without a suit flood and the transfer of air to and from the suit to the gloves?

My wife uses the Dry Five as well and is very happy with them.
+1 I use them in PNW with water temperature between the mid -to low 40's to low 50's.

They work well, putting some undiluted baby shampoo on your hands makes getting them on much easier

dry 5's for quite some time now
i use baby powder to get them over my fat,arthritic hands...
getting the left one on is easy...the right one requires the use of a "dive caddy"!
ice diving and all,hands stay warm!
have fun
yaeg

I wear a pair of Lavacore gloves into the ice water and then when everything else is on and adjusted I put a pair of easy to get on XXL 5mm Waterproof gloves over them unzipped usually [the zippers seem to tear out easily]. OK for a short 30 minute winter dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom