Need Recommendations for GC Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zf2nt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a friend who is trying to make dive arrangements for a group of 6 headed to Grand Cayman. This is the Board of Directors of his company (a CI corporation), so he tells me cost is not a concern for this group. They are staying at the Marriot, so a dive operation in that general vicinity would be preferable.

While I know the setup on Little Cayman intimately, I really don't know Grand Cayman that well. From what I've heard, I normally would have pointed these guys in the direction of Ocean Frontiers. However, that's on the east end (a long way from the Marriot) and I know the seas are a little rougher there than on the sheltered west side. Thus I don't think Ocean Frontiers is the right choice for this bunch. Likewise, I am familiar with Sunset House, but I think that may be kind of "down market" for these guys. These fellows are once-a-year divers, so lots of hand-holding at tame dive sites is in order. Any recommendations?

Bruce

This might be more like what they might be expecting. Not to say anything bad about Neptune's as I usually refer them also.

Indigo Divers

At one time they even offered post dive massages...

Just about every diveop on Cayman picks up along SMB so proximity isn't as big a problem from the Marriott.

I just got back from GC a few days ago. I dove with Divetech, and thought I was happy with the dives spots, I was not all that happy with the company. I would definitely recommend staying away from Divetech.

Subsequent to my dive, I asked Diver's Supply (just across and up street from Marriott resort) which outfits they recommend). I was staying at the Marriott resort and they told me that Deep Blue, Off the Wall and Wall to Wall are the ones they most highly recommend. They keep their groups small and do pick ups on the beach @ the Marriott resort.

I just got back from GC a few days ago. I dove with Divetech, and thought I was happy with the dives spots, I was not all that happy with the company. I would definitely recommend staying away from Divetech.

Your advice is not going to help anyone very much unless you say WHY you recommend staying away from DiveTech ...

How is it any less helpful than this:

"Yah, Neptune's. Or, Ambassador Divers would meet your requirements." . . .

. . . much more thorough & insightful, dude!

I'm not here to write a public dissertation on why I don't like Divetech. Anyone who is considering diving with DT is free to pm me and ask about the details of my negative experience w/ DT, which some have already done.

Heh heh. Touche. Perhaps I should give reasons also.

The OP wants a small dive op with a lot of hand-holding at tame sites. Cost is not a major concern. I think his best bet is to fill up one of the small boats with divers (6 will do it, with a healthy tip) and leave the rest up to a competent captain, which those dive ops (and many others) have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom