Need RI infor/advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cast

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am heading to RI to check out the tropicals on this Sunday. This will be my first dive in RI and last time of this year. Could some local diver recomment a best spot?(easy, more stuff to see). Thanks a lot!

This may not be the best weekend to be diving in RI. Forecast for heavy SE swells from off-shore hurricane will make conditions dicey . . . possibly dangerous. If I were looking for tropicals - and the conditions were right - I'd head to Lands End, or Kings, Beach. Stop by Newport Diving Center in Newport and they'll point you in the right direction.

Good Luck and Be Careful,
Dennis

You could try Ft Wetherill in Jamestown which is next to Newport. But, as Dennis said,
it is going to pretty much be a blowout this weekend.

Saw a short bigeye at wetherill Wednesday night, so yeah they are still here. But I agree with the others, this isn't the weekend to come.

Just got home from Ft. Wetherill from a nice AM dive. The wind was gusting in and both coves were chopped up but not enough to preclude diving. The vis was the best I've ever experienced there at about 8' along the west wall in the left cove. Saw lots of fish. Some that were not the usual suspects for the area. I'm not a great fish IDer but I'll say that a few looked like warm water fishes. Anyway, I spent 40 minutes along the wall and then out into the sand to practice shooting the bag. Did five shots from the 30' area. The surface was getting real rough at that point so I headed in to meet up with my other two buds. We decided to forgo with the second dive and head into town for some late breakfast. All in all a great Saturday morning.

Al

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
anyone up for hazard ave?:rofl2:

No more shore diving for me - doctors orders! LOL

Back
Top Bottom