Needing dive computer advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srkmrd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been trying to decide on a new computer for almost a year now. I have read reviews on here and it seems the Petral is #1, but I want AI. I have dove with an EON and EON LuX since they came out ages ago. my EON LUX is still working fine, but I need mixed air computer and I would like to have a wrist mount. I will still dive with my EON LUX for redundancy as long as it lives.

I have not ever had a problem with the conservative nature of Suunto, I have had to make multiple stops a few times but have never been locked out. And especially now that I no longer teach, we just do a few recreational dives a year. That said the EON steel is really pricey and it is pretty heavy, I could reduce my weights wearing it....

When I started looking I was leaning toward a watch style, then i saw the colors and thought the Oceanic VTX looked great, but the reviews are awful. The Mares Icon HD, sounds like a pain to recharge all the time and a bit bigger than i wanted.
I am partial to Suunto just because that is all I have ever used for 22 years so I need some suggestions to move on (or stay as the case may be)

My wants/needs are:
AI
Wrist Mount
Easy to read but not necessarily large
mixed gases
integrated compass
changeable battery...could be rechargeable but prefer to change a battery (don't want to miss a dive because I forgot to charge)
I like my gadgets, (iphone, ipad, apple watch) so apps are a plus. I would like to be able to log dive to the ipad as I travel with that and not a laptop

Check out the H3 thread. If ever it comes out with AI, it may set the bar for others to follow.
I was just reading that...big dive trip in 37 days, don't think they will have the AI by then and I plan on having a new dive computer before then. Thanks for the response!

Ummm...Suunto EON Steel - Suunto

Capture.jpg

H3 is the only one that fits the bill but AI won't be out until November. Be mindful with Suunto being dropped by Aqualung and moving over to Huish as well. Shouldn't create much disruption in the force, but it might create some as well as some pricing adjustments. Frankly I'd call Sub-Gravity and talk to them about the H3 and explain your situation and see what they can do to help you out.

H3 is the only one that fits the bill but AI won't be out until November. Be mindful with Suunto being dropped by Aqualung and moving over to Huish as well. Shouldn't create much disruption in the force, but it might create some as well as some pricing adjustments. Frankly I'd call Sub-Gravity and talk to them about the H3 and explain your situation and see what they can do to help you out.

From what I can find online, I do not think that it will be out in time. Although it does meet most of what I want.

for cost/features out there, realistically I'd just use an SPG on that trip in 37 days because it'll be worth the wait. Call Sub-Gravity and talk to them though, best solution out there.

I have 100 dives on the Eon Steel since Feb and find it to be excellent. I tend not to go below 40 but do dive mixed gases on it. I use Mac dive to log and transfer to iPad on dive log.

cant comment on H3 but it appears AI might be delayed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom