Needs of the Diving Industry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divepa:
reponses... whether it is needs for equipment that is not developed yet,

personally the one thing I really want is dive planning / logging software for a PDA .. I have no desire to take a laptop diving, And I much prefer My data on a PC where I can do research..

Tod:
I would think that underwater communication could be something that needs to be improved upon. I understand that most underwater radio devices require the use of a full faced mask, but what about an electronic message screen that you could have on your wrist that one could use to pass messages back and forth on? I am thinking of something like an underwater PDA. It could allow you to send a message to a lost buddy, or a reminder to check your air. I would think this could allow the common buddy system to expand a little. Just an idea...

Didn't they have something like that in "The Abyss" (the movie) ??

A scubaboard that automaticly combines all threads on the same topic. :wink:

Better print media.

Aquanaut4ata:
Didn't they have something like that in "The Abyss" (the movie) ??
Yup, but only on the 'deep' suit. Storyline says that you can't talk when flooded with hydrocarbon emulsion. Makes sense.

PhotoTJ:
A scubaboard that automaticly combines all threads on the same topic. :wink:

A scubaboard that automatically hunts down the 'stupid cause of the week' threads and puts them somewhere easy to ignore...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom