Neoprene Allergy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey KiwiDiva,

I have experienced the EXACT same symptoms as you.

Did you ever find out what was the cause?

I am definitely going to buy a different material suit. All these years I thought it was something in the water that my hands were reacting to! And it only happens on my hands, which is very strange because my whole suit is made of neoprene.

At least I finally figured out it's something in the neoprene.

I wave surfed frequently and I started to get rash from my wetsuit two years ago. From the start it wasn’t that bad but sone it got much worse. Half a year ago it went so bad I got a fever for two days and eczema I still haven’t been able to get rid of today.

I went to the doctor and made a patch test and found out I developed an allergy to Diethylthiourea.

If any one more has the same problem and maybe some good tips I would love to hear them because it’s hard to live without your passion.

I will definitely check out Wetwear. Thanks KiwiDiva!

hey mrsurfboy,

agreed! I would love to hear from more people with neoprene allergies. Its summer holidays in new zealand now so my allergy reaction is here for a while! Heres a photo of what I suffer with:

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 708
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom