New Apeks model on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Apeks are teasing with their new soon to be released reg:

IMG_3046.JPG

I'm scared, if it's pretty it's gonna cost me money. Lucky I have a barn full of G250s some of which I can sell to offset this potential purchase. If it's all metal, which from the photo I doubt, I'm in.

I'm scared, if it's pretty it's gonna cost me money. Lucky I have a barn full of G250s some of which I can sell to offset this potential purchase. If it's all metal, which from the photo I doubt, I'm in.

Just wait about 30 more years, then it will make a good 'vintage' purchase. :)

A fellow SB diver friend of mine sent it to me, apparently it was sent to him from Apeks via FB (?), I'm not up with how FB works so could be mistaken, anyway it is from Apeks directly.

When fitting or removing hoses or even just tightening jam nut the air barrel will twist in the case causing the lever to shift/tilt. It's not a big problem but requires the face plate and diaphragm to be removed anytime your're fitting/removing hose/jam nut so you can then straighten the barrel so the lever sits level. The design on the G250 is far superior in this area.

Last edited:
Interesting.
Have only switched hoses 1 or 2 times on XTX series, maybe once on ATX. Never noticed anything different or realize it might be an issue. Do you apply tension with two wrenches?

When I service my regs, I haven't noticed any scratches on diaphragms or bent levers.

Do you apply tension with two wrenches?.

I have several brands of second stages and the barrel on all of them will move if you don't use 2 wrenches.

Sometimes I screw down the breathing effort knob, hold the reg by just the knob and tighten the hose with 1 wrench with out moving the barrel.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom