New Apeks model on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm at the stage now on my diving journey where I'll only buy, where possible, gear that requires no special tools, gear I can easily get parts for, gear I can service myself on a rocking boat and gear that uses standard consumables.

Amen to that.

Flight? No thank you, I'd never buy a reg, particularly targeted for travel diving, that uses proprietary hoses. I really think they made a mistake there. IIRC Aqualung did the same thing with one of their models but quickly went back to offering both versions. There is no way Apeks would use proprietary hoses again, I would guess it hurt the sales of the Flight and I'm sure they noticed.

Yeah, You've pretty summed up why I did not buy the reg even though I almost pulled out my wallet. It was a great idea to have a set of light regulator until the practicality aspect (proprietary hose) of it kicked in.

Millennial Gen design. As uninspired as their music. N

It looks like Apeks was bought out by Chrysler, not.....hey wait.....maybe Aqualung was bought by Chrysler.

Maybe they'll offer it in different colors to match your fins. Collect 'em all!

th

Last edited:
Reactions: Pao
Yeah. Ever since I accidentally pulled out the 5th port on a DST when I was loosening the hose, I have always applied tension with 2 wrenches so I never noticed the issue.
Ive done that on dst. Bits everywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom