New Apeks model on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks had replaced the stupid 1/2" port so they ought to do the same with that proprietary hose on Flight. If Apeks is French made then I understand the reason behind it!!

I'm at the stage now on my diving journey where I'll only buy, where possible, gear that requires no special tools, gear I can easily get parts for, gear I can service myself on a rocking boat and gear that uses standard consumables.

Last edited:
Apeks had replaced the stupid 1/2" port so they ought to do the same with that proprietary hose on Flight. If Apeks is French made then I understand the reason behind it!!

Oh no, being now owned by Aqualung we could be in trouble....

Hmm, someone mentioned that there might be a new entry on the US Navy's cold water regulator list soon. Wonder if this is it.

Hmm, someone mentioned that there might be a new entry on the US Navy's cold water regulator list soon. Wonder if this is it.
So Apeks can charge a king's ransom for it!!

Agreed.

I like that they went back with the circular purge button, but apart from that I am not a huge fan.

Very high price as well.

Hopefully the new Apeks will avoid using a goofy, special, non-standard hose like the Flight uses.

I hear ya. That is why I am not sold on it. I still don't understand the reasoning behind it. Almost pulled the trigger couple of times and my better sense got to me I guess - even though I really like the lightweight and the look. LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom