New Diver Going HOG-DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
lol

generally speaking, DIR/HOG divers look upon chest-straps much like socialites look upon a panhandler

I think that's the other way around.

i both agree and disagree with your statement!

H2Andy:
i both agree and disagree with your statement!

Basstrd. LOL

evad:
Why did you decide on the chest strap version?

It came with the harness.

H2Andy:
lol

generally speaking, DIR/HOG divers look upon chest-straps much like socialites look upon a panhandler

Got it.
Thanks Andy.

MBH:
It came with the harness.

They didn't have, or just didn't offer, a standard harness?

evad:
They didn't have, or just didn't offer, a standard harness?

They had both types. I perfer the harness with the shoulder strap pivot rings.

MBH:
They had both types. I perfer the harness with the shoulder strap pivot rings.

That's what I mean't. I'm not trying to get flipped, just wanted to make sure you got what you "really" wanted as opposed to what they really wanted you to want.

evad:
That's what I mean't. I'm not trying to get flipped, just wanted to make sure you got what you "really" wanted as opposed to what they really wanted you to want.
It's cool evad. I'm trying to do this right so if I'm stepping in do-do please tell me.

As for the guy at the Divers Supply he was VERY helpful when he found out what I'm doing. He dives a BP/W and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

Oh yeah, since I'll be getting rid of the chest strap that will free up a little space to hang my retractor.:wink:

Don't go cutting anything off. The chest strap may be needed with whatever type of harness you got. If you have a one piece Hog style harness it should not be required.

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom