New diver regulator!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Zeagle Envoy. A cold water reg will work just fine in warm water.

Congratulations on getting certified. You should have no problem finding something suitable. It's good you are researching before you buy. Here are some things to consider.
If buying new, budget for an alternate second stage, low pressure inflator hose for your BCD and HP hose with SPG. These will all add to the total cost.
Also if buying new, look for any incentive programs, such as "free parts for life", or any incentive the local shop may have for servicing.
If buying used, insist on having it inspected by a tech before paying any money for it.
Also make sure the local technician can work on that brand. Try breathing from it and see how comfortable it feels. Buy a new mouthpiece.
Ask your instructor if they know of anyone selling any gear.
There are a lot of great entry level regs out there that will serve you well for years.
Sherwood Brut, Aqualung Calypso, Scubapro Mk 2/R295 are all great regs.
Good luck in your search.

Scott

If buying new, budget for an alternate second stage, low pressure inflator hose for your BCD and HP hose with SPG. ... If buying used, insist on having it inspected by a tech before paying any money for it. ... Also make sure the local technician can work on that brand. ... There are a lot of great entry level regs out there that will serve you well for years.
Some VERY good advice here. Most regs, with proper care, are reasonably bullet-proof for recreational diving. I have purchased regs new/used, local/eBay, and have been happy with all, but I did some homework beforehand, as you are doing by posting. My son dives an Envoy - great reg, but total cost (new) may be a bit more than you are looking for. I have a used Mares M12 which was a LDS rental, that I bought from the LDS for $159, with a console (SPG, depth gauge, compass) and alternate second stage. Get a brand that can be serviced locally (your LDS), put on a mouthpiece you are comfortable with, and enjoy your diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom