new diver, some questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, back to being a serious human being.

sarita75:
I love my akona too, I think it was $150 or something like that. I use a hyperstretch hooded vest (5/3) over it and never does my body get cold. Only my hands.

Well for me, I also use the bodyglove dive skin with the pinnacle merino vested hood. But the thing is because I'm losing my fat and gaining muscle, it does unfortunately give me the chills. Guess I have to wait until I finally get buff up.

Chuck Tribolet:
What book? The tank material isn't relevant given the facts presented.

That was in my NAUI open water training book. Also when I was renting a nitrox tank at Diver Dans in Santa Clara, the guy said to add 4 more lbs to what I'm wearing. I wear 20lbs and probably don't want to carry over that amount too. Unfortunately I didn't rent it from them because I only use steel or the neutral AL80 tanks. However you know more then I do so maybe you can help little Roy here. Thats my 2 cent also. :wink:

You should put your location in your profile so we know where you are, and can better advise you.

Edit: Just noticed this is the NorCal forum. You should still fill out your profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom