New equipment and Internet purchase questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pink, the way you run your shop is very commendable!:coffee: I only wish there were more LDS like this...:shakehead::shakehead:

Cheers!:coffee:

As a LDS owner, here are a few things you should know about buying from your LDS.

We assemble and test all equipment with the customer. We walk through all equipment and show the customer how all the functions work. If there is a problem, they fix it on the spot. If it is major, it is replaced immediately. If it needs to be returned to the manufacturer, we provide a "loaner" free of charge until yours comes back.

The customers who support the store, and the more they buy, they get free rentals, free air, discounted nitrox, discounts on trips and classes, and occassionally, a free boat charter. The more you buy, the more likely you will get steeper discounts on future purchases.

We don't like to "wheel and deal". This isn't a used car lot. However, most LDS will meet or beat any internet discount that comes from a authorized dealer. Our philosophy is simple. We offer a good price and outstanding service. Any LDS who doesn't provide this service will not be in business.

As many posters have stated, there are a lot of reasons to pay the extra and support your LDS. I would agree, but only if you feel they are supporting you to dive. Ask these questions...are they inviting you to dive with them on shop dive night? Are they inviting you to activities or classes the shop offers? Are they wanting you to come on trips with them? If the answer is yes, then you will see the extra you spend come back to you. If not, you may as well go shop on line.

Is that a serious question?

They removed the page I linked to, but the google cache is still around:
Going Under Dive Center Scuba Minnesota

Here are a few of the gems:
in almost all cases the quality name brand manufacturers do not warranty items sold via mail order.

That's just not true.

We treat mail order customers rather harshly when it comes to service. It is a fact that is shared with many industries such as car dealers, etc.

If I visit your shop I can expect the kind of first class upfront honest service I get at a CAR DEALER?

All of the quality major manufactures prohibit online sales of scuba equipment

Again, simply not true.

Parasites are a part of evolution for some reason or another, we live with them and avoid them when possible.

It is one of the reasons that we charge such excessively high prices for certain services - the parasites cannot order service on-line.

I don't even know where to start.

Compare what was written on that page to the attitude displayed by the other shop whose link I provided. You decide which kind of place you want to do business with.

Rich

Had same ??? when was ready to buy gear. LeisurePro has always replaced/credited any return/defective gear for me. I bought most of my gear from ScubaToys and I can tell you that their service is great. They just did a setup of a new reg for me for $10.18/includes shipping with 1 week turnaround(I live in PA). With the price of gas these days I will use UPS to send my gear to TX other than driving it anywhere local.

I wanted to put my 2 cents in here, I know most of this stuff has been covered elsewhere on SB, but it’s always good to restate things. First thing’s first, I wouldn’t call us “shady”, we have been serving the dive community for over 18 years and haven’t become the largest dive retailer in the world by being shady. We e-mail order confirmations immediately after orders are placed with us so you can see what’s being shipped to you/ what you are being charged for. Additionally we have great reviews on BBBonline.com, BizRate.com, Shopping.com, and Pricegrabber.com assuring potential customers that we are safe to deal with. It’s also true that some of the items we sell are gray market because they are not purchased from the manufacturers USA distributor or, more commonly, because we sell the items WELL below the MSRP (on the website here). As far as our warranty goes, we try to keep it simple. For example no matter if we are an authorized dealer of the item you buy or not, you will be able to have the exact warranty the manufacturer offers available directly through us. The warranty may also be available to you through the manufacturer directly, but it’s a lot simpler to know that everything can be handled through us if you like. And to top it off, many of our customers say that we are easier to deal with than the manufacturer. Here’s a link to our warranty. If there are any more questions feel free to post them here, PM me, or give us a call, we are happy to help.
Happy Holidays

Hi Brett,
I'm sorry to tell you this, but I didn't get some of those service promises you make, last year when I had some items to return. And it has cost LP my business present and future. I won't get into all the details, but I had a retractor I had bought from you that needed returning for warranty. The LP rep told me you would not warranty it and I needed to contact the manufacturer directly to get it replaced. The rep also gave me a hard time returning a few other items that were not satisfactory. That is nothing like the service you describe or is described on your website.

I'm not trying to flame you, just trying to explain to you why you lost my business. There are other internet shops out there who sell at the same low price LP does, but give good service. They'll get my money from now on.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom