Equipment Rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nudibranch Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

When it comes to renting out dive equipment is there an industry standard with regards to renting to guests vs renting to other dive shops? I have seen some shops charging a premium to other dive establishments, others say they just wouldn't do it as the equipment is never cared for and others still would charge at the same rate as they charge their own guests.

I've invested a lot of cash in my equipment, its expensive to maintain and I take pride in maintaining it so I feel a little reluctant to rent it out at the same price as I would to my own guests.

Anyone have experience or can offer advise?

Ta

How many peso to rent a tank in Bohol?

and did you dive snake island?
Hi, we don't do tank rentals. There are a few Korean tank rental stations. I think they charge the public 100PHP per tank.

I've dived at Snake Island many times.

I dove snake island one time, it was full of small yellow snakes like a soup, is it still the same? I was there 20 years ago. I'm coming to the Philippines soon to retire and dive.

I dove snake island one time, it was full of small yellow snakes like a soup, is it still the same? I was there 20 years ago. I'm coming to the Philippines soon to retire and dive.
It's weird. All the snakes disappeared during the pandemic. I'm not joking. Nobody can explain why.

Where do you plan to retire to?

I tried getting back to Cebu after I retired from the Navy, but it’s just too far from Floriduh. It’s like getting to Palau from here…easier to get shot into space from here than get all the way out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom