New Equipment Set Approval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worry Seraphimx.
The answer is yes and no. I did order some of the gears the Apeks regulators the Vyper computer, the Sunnto Sk7 compass and the aqualung slingshot they haven't arrived yet. It's coming from Spain to Switzerland so I don't know how long it's gonna take... but I am waiting for the tracking number, it supposed to arrive in the next few days!
The rest I will buy this July in California where it's much cheaper than Switzerland, it's mainly the exposure suit and likes that I want to really try on before buying.

Alright, if you do wait for you BCD check out divegearexpress.com
A BP wing combo is in the 400$ range, much more robust, reliable and changeable than a BCD.
I went from Back Inflated BCD, to BackPlate with a "vest" harness & now, to basic harness with backplate.

I would find the cheapest backinflated BCD. And also try to find USED. Some people try one gear and change it because they don't like it (like me)

If you pay 50% or 30% of the price, it's some pretty awesome savings.

Here my NEW ScubaPro MK17 cost me 35-40$ per year to service, while the USED one cost me 55-60$ per year.
The new one cost me 300$ the used 150$. The price difference would mean an investment of 7.5year to get into your $$$.

My point is try out different stuff and CHECK what YOU like. We can tell you do this, do that, but in the end the one using it will be you.
If you go to California, go diving and rent good gear and check out which one you like.
Scuba is expensive, but don't fall prey to those who would say, it's a life supporting device and you should pay top $$.

A backplate cost 80$ to make they sell those 200$. Choose wisely.

The 3mm gloves may be a little light on the coolest days. Picking up a pair of 5mm Gauntlets latter on way be money well spent.

Get boots with a very sturdy sole. Mares has some and it may be the model you are looking at. Be sure to settle on the boot before fitting fins.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom