New from China and need advices for Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagal82- Thanks. I've heard the bad reports on Hainan's diving. Since I have a friend there, it would be a multi-purpose visit. However I'd sure be interested in trying some other dive sites in the country.

Dr. Bill

scubagal82:
Hello divers, :10: i am glad to find this place, not many divers in China and would really love to make more diver friends here. :10:
I am thinking going to the Red sea, any advices? :06:

Hello Scubagal82.
I am a recreational divers that wants to combine his business trips with diving as much as possible. Unfortunately, it can not always be mexico, but it is very often China. Since you are located there, have you found any worthwhile places to dive, and are there diving "companies" organising dive trip. Up to now, I have only found "Aquarium diving in Shanghai" and "worst- :wink: ever diving at Hainan". Not very promising.
Wip

Xisha islands and Dongsha islands in the Southern China sea is worth diving since it's not yet developed, only fishmen go there (i dunno how much damage the fishing has got to the sites, but some divers go there and said it's terrific, i have seen some photos too, it was georgers.)

I am not into any aquarium diving as i dun want any aquarium exists.

However, it's not easy to go to those sites even for Chinese, i really dunno if foreigners can go there or not.

Hongkong has some dive sites and viz is about 3~5M i heard, sometimes can be better.

I've heard that some of the areas in the South China Sea are restricted due to military or other governmental activitiy and that it is difficult for foreign divers to get permission to enter them. Sounds like neighboring San Clemente Island when the military is conducting exercises.

Do hope to see some nice areas in China open up to give an alternative to the "cattle" operations on Hainan.

Dr. Bill

Welcome to the Board. There are alot of people here to answer just about any questions you may have. Have a good time here. Thanks, and dive safe, Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom