new girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just found this site and have been looking around. I am relatively new to diving and so far love it very much. Mostly have been doing drift dives here in the Niagara River, plus a few charters in Mexico. Was planning on going to Roatan with my fiance this winter, but alas, I find myself single now.. and without a dive buddy. Have decided to go anyway, anyone have suggestions on all inclusive hotels for a single diver??

Welcome to the best dive site on line. I have stayed at Anthonys Key Resort and it is wonderful. I am planning a trip to CoCo View this fall and here it's great also. Good diving and great dive staffs. Warm water all year. It's not Cayman Brac but it ain't bad. Good Luck on your trip and let us know your results.......

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Half of my trips have been alone, almost all others in a group, but with a single room. Know the feeling....

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

Hello there NG and welcome to the Scuba Board.... You have found the best place to chat about diving and meet up with some dive buddies from your area. I have snorkeled in Roatan (never got to scuba there) You will love it there. Have fun...

Bubblemaker_ontario

Oh, just say "To hell with Roatan" and join us down here in South Florida. We dive from boats and the beaches onto some world class reefs and wrecks and have a great time doing it.

Seriously enough, be sure to check out the Florida Conch Divers if you ever find yourself in this part of the world. We've got a great club, and you can get some really good advice from our group as you progress in your experience as a diver.

As far as looking for buddies goes, you might also want to try out www.singledivers.com. Tell 'em Grier sent you. They're a great bunch of folks, and a couple of the mods and administrators there also are members here.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

I'm headed down to Cozumel for 2 weeks in September, You can find cheap flights and hotel from $40 a night... Divers mecca.

Myself, I will be staying at a bed and breakfast for both weeks. September 6th to 20th.

Cheers,

Niagara,

Welcome to SB. Hope you enjoy the board. There are many answers here, and you'll find that for awhile they'll only generate more questions.

For any question you have, one thing you may want to try is to search through the archives using the search function. You'll often find a variety of threads on many topics.

Have fun and dive safe.

Doc

niagara girl:
Just found this site and have been looking around. I am relatively new to diving and so far love it very much. Mostly have been doing drift dives here in the Niagara River, plus a few charters in Mexico. Was planning on going to Roatan with my fiance this winter, but alas, I find myself single now.. and without a dive buddy. Have decided to go anyway, anyone have suggestions on all inclusive hotels for a single diver??

Ever try diving Minnesota? We have some beatiful lakes, and some of the only fresh water coral in the entire United States.

Hello from Buffalo. I just started diving this year and hope to be in the river in the next few weeks. My shop goes on Wed evenings, perhaps I'll drift into you.

nauidiver2004:
Hello from Buffalo. I just started diving this year and hope to be in the river in the next few weeks. My shop goes on Wed evenings, perhaps I'll drift into you.
i'm looking for a good charter in your area any leads :06:

Back
Top Bottom