New Ontario Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easier Dives I mean stuff that the newbie would start with...

both of the things you suggested are not bad ideas limited current not to deep. ect.. till one gets better and more comfortable with the sport

steve

we have a good group that we dive with, fairly spread in experience levels.

pm me for some details of the dives we are planning, we will be doing quite a few beginner dives, I have a couple of friends that will be diving that just recieved their OW certs :wink:

Silverback once bubbled...

Steve, with you being in Stouffville, I'd suggest contacting either Divesource in Whitby, Coltcreek in Nermarket or my group in Brampton, HappyDiverDen. Great bunch of folks.

Anyway, pm me and I can give you more info if you need it.

...I would second that suggestion. For the nominal cost of joining a dive club (particularly one closely affiliated with a dive shop - aka LDS), you will receive excellent help and advice regarding gear, dive locations, dive planning. Particularly valuable when you are just getting comfortable with this sport. If you get hooked, you could expand your dive season but this will stretch your pocketbook for gear and more advanced certifications - well worth it as this will make you a safer and better diver. The learning never stops.

Take a quiet afternoon and use the search function (top right of screen) - any question you have has been asked by one of us at some point. Better yet, find a diver here that seems to share your perspective and objectives and search on their name to see what they have had to say in the past. You will learn more here than anywhere else on the Net. Keep an open mind and a civil keyboard and you will have access to a world of helpful information....

Timan.......such words exposed from your fingertips.........poetic, and wise.......

:wacko: :eek: :wink:

Paramedic and Fishbowl, all of us were beginners at some time and we are quite willing to dive with newbies and help them out. We have some easy dives up here in Marmora......A nice drigt dive below the dam... and in the lake all no deeper than 30'......

PM Myself, Weight_for_me, Bottom_sucker or EarlJ and we can hookup sometime as soon as the ice leaves.......

Hey guys thanks for all the replys. Sorry I haven't been around much. Work has got me consumed at the momment. I"m in Brockville and I know there are some big old ships down there I must go see. Of course people are scaring me telling me stull like I will get sucked into the shipping channel. Yikes. I'm so excited though. I just got a new Wet Suit (Ocean Run two piece), gloves and now I need to save money for a BC. My goal (and my boyfriends) is to get all our gear so we can just go diving when we would like to.

For those of you who dive year round. There is a reason why ice is on the water. So you don't have to touch it cause its so cold. LOL.. I'm sure in a year or so my views on that will change though.:)

fish_bowl once bubbled...
I"m in Brockville and I know there are some big old ships down there I must go see. ...

You right in part of great wreck diving! Lilly, Gaskin, Muskie, Daryaw... what can I say you're lucky.

Of course people are scaring me telling me stull like I will get sucked into the shipping channel. Yikes.

Now, who would do a thing like that?

Cheers, Taz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarry divers.. LOL

Scarry divers.. LOL

Well...........welcome to the board and hopefully those scary divers are only kidding and will be more than willing to help you any dives you may venture on in the future!

:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom