New Product Update - Heads-Up Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The battery is user-changeable.

Single Nitrox mix to 50%

Multi-gas switch is N/A as it does apply to the ATOM 2.0 and VT3. It would have been ideal to include this feature, but proved to be a difficult process with only 2 operating buttons. Another feature that required use of the buttons underwater is the ability to adjust the backlight duration and intensity which proved to be very important as light levels changed during the dive.

Sent me one and i'll test it for free:rofl3:
realy it won't cost you a cent:D

Does it use the same transmitter as the Atom 2/VT3?

I assume this will be available for touching/feeling/drooling at the various other dive shows Oceanic will be at, like Our World Underwater and Beneath the Sea, right?

Also, your demo is less than viewable for us Mac users. Since it appears to be a slide deck, any chance of putting it out as a PDF?

Doug Krause:
The mask will be priced at $1495.95.
Just a friendly hint... while you'll sell a few to gadget junkies who're strictly recreational divers, most folks who will be willing to invest that much in a mask and computer are going to want more than a single gas device. Helium ain't a bad idea either.
Two buttons is plenty - use a two second dwell or something.
---
if buttonpush then
x=time
do until buttonpush=false
y=time
loop
if y-x>2 then
switch gas
else
do whatever it already does now
end if
end if
---
It really can't be that hard :)
Rick

Fordan:
Does it use the same transmitter as the Atom 2/VT3?

I assume this will be available for touching/feeling/drooling at the various other dive shows Oceanic will be at, like Our World Underwater and Beneath the Sea, right?

Also, your demo is less than viewable for us Mac users. Since it appears to be a slide deck, any chance of putting it out as a PDF?

Hi Fordan,

1. It does use the same transmitter as the ATOM 2.0/VT3.
2. In addition to select Authorized Demo Dealers and Oceanic sponsored demo events - we will have the DataMask HUD at the shows you mentioned, as well as The Scuba Show in Long Beach - http://www.oceanicww.com/events.html
3. Your wish is my command - the demo is available as a PDF - http://www.oceanicww.com/p_computers_iddm_demo.html

I got to play with a demo unit back in Feb at Scuba Toys.
(Didn't get to actually dive with it)
It was WAY cool. Surprisingly easy to read the display without
obscuring your field of vision.
I have a hard time fitting masks but this one sealed fine on me.

Only thing for me is I have bad eyes but don't want to dive
with contacts. I use perscription lenses in my masks.

Doug, is there any kind of lense option for those that
are more challenged in the vision area?

--- bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom