New Product Update - Heads-Up Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few questions:

1. Is it weight balanced? With all that mass on one side it would appear to be unevenly balanced unless it is counterwighted on the other side.

2. Is the mask portion replaceable? I would hate to see a $1500 computer rendered useless because the mask skirt got torn or something.

3. Will Leisure Pro have them for $999? :D

Hi ReefHound:

1. The mask is surprisingly comfortable in the water - I've used some larger volume masks that were positively buoyant, and some others that have seemed heavy. You'll find that the DataMask is neither, and no noticeable weight on either side vs. the other.

2. The mask is entirely serviceable - from the skirt, buckles and other mask components - to the optic and dive computer module.

3. Not for me to speculate. I would anticipate that due to the uniqueness and high demand for the product, that you would be hard pressed to find it discounted anywhere.

Doug

Doug,
Is there the option on what side of the mask the display would be viewed from? I ask this because I'm blind in mt right eye. The HUD sounds very tempting,can't wait till May 07'.:D .
Lanny

Doug,

I think I want one. It will allow me to stay focused on filming without having to glance down at my wrist computer.

Why is the only "No" in the specs for the Smartglo Backlight Sensor? Is that an option on a later model?

Is there somewhere to send a deposit to get on the first shipment list? Or should I go through my LDS (Scuba Specialties)? They sell through buyoceanic.com.

sjspeck:
Doug,

I think I want one. It will allow me to stay focused on filming without having to glance down at my wrist computer.

Why is the only "No" in the specs for the Smartglo Backlight Sensor? Is that an option on a later model?

Is there somewhere to send a deposit to get on the first shipment list? Or should I go through my LDS (Scuba Specialties)? They sell through buyoceanic.com.

Hi Steve,

SmartGlo is a feature on our "master" comparison sheet - and applies to a few other PDC models. It does not apply to the DataMask.

We are very close to finalizing some per-launch demo plans, in which we will select a number of dealers across the country to receive pre-production units for in-store, pool or open water evaluations. We'll be tagging along with more masks for some events - and considering putting a few Oceanic-hosted trips together as well. Once these demo units are out in the field - scheduled for February - the demo dealers will begin taking pre-orders and will get priority as production begins.

I'll continue to post updates here as things progress - We have also set up an opt-in email form dedicated to the DataMask and the upcoming events through the website at: http://www.oceanicww.com/p_computers_iddm.html.

By the way - I want one too.

Thanks for all the info, Doug. I had a few others:

1. For those of us who just bought the VT-3 :) can the VT-3 and HUD Mask be used at the same time with a single transmitter?

2. Again for those already owning a transmitter, will the HUD Mask be sold without the transmitter at a reduced price?

3. Does the HUD Mask accomodate the neoprene-backed mask straps that a lot of people convert to when buying a new mask?

Hmmm .... will a $1,500 mask have an effect on MOF/NMOF?

Jarrett:
Thanks for all the info, Doug. I had a few others:

1. For those of us who just bought the VT-3 :) can the VT-3 and HUD Mask be used at the same time with a single transmitter?

2. Again for those already owning a transmitter, will the HUD Mask be sold without the transmitter at a reduced price?

3. Does the HUD Mask accomodate the neoprene-backed mask straps that a lot of people convert to when buying a new mask?

Hi Jarrett,

1. Any of the following wireless computers may be used in conjunction with the DataMask - with a single transmitter linked to both. ATOM (both 1.0 and 2.0), VT3 and VT Pro.

2. We had initially planned to fill initial orders with units including the transmitter. We will consider launching the mask without transmitter for those with existing compatible transmitters.

3. The mask will accommodate neoprene straps.

Back
Top Bottom