New to Indy (and diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
Got a feeling that I won't be on MPH's list by calling. This is one reason I was hoping for an email.

I am not sure if you can get into their mailing list even though you bought something a few times per year because I didn't get any fliers by mail. Only I just grab some information whenever I stop by the shop. I feel that the shop is pretty much focused on Indy divers who can afford the dive trips regularly based on their judge. So, show your money and get the right treatment as a customer....

As long as one gives the shop the required info during a purchase, that person should be in the database. Whether or not fliers go to everyone in the database is anyone's guess. I would seem rather shortsided not to send to everyone in the database. That is how people get fliers for sales and trips into the hands of potential customers. Why else would a business have a customer database.

hoosier:
I am not sure if you can get into their mailing list even though you bought something a few times per year because I didn't get any fliers by mail. Only I just grab some information whenever I stop by the shop. I feel that the shop is pretty much focused on Indy divers who can afford the dive trips regularly based on their judge. So, show your money and get the right treatment as a customer....

Ok this is weird. Just got an email from Midwest and was told that they don't do a flier or email.

I think Diver4christ went with MPH on their last trip to Bonaire. Haven't talked to him but he posted that he enjoyed himself. I didn't think the price was out of reach..$1,500 I think.

Dan Gibson:
That is how people get fliers for sales and trips into the hands of potential customers. Why else would a business have a customer database.

Even your shop asked my drive license for their database. But, I didn't get anything by mail. The most common practice at your shop is to make a photocopy whatever the customers bring in. It sounds like an attorney's office, doesn't it?
So, you tell me, I don't know. :wink:

Wally, Brian took a trip through Divers Supply East. He doesn't like Midwest Scuba very much as I was told...

I have never seen anyone actually show a drivers license. They probably would if they tried to pay by check. My info was logged into the database when I signed up for my OW class and filled out the forms required by PADI. I don't know anymore than most customers that come into the store. I just help out with classes and fill my own tanks.

hoosier:
Even your shop asked my drive license for their database. But, I didn't get anything by mail. The most common practice at your shop is to make a photocopy whatever the customers bring in. It sounds like an attorney's office, doesn't it?
So, you tell me, I don't know. :wink:

Wally, Brian took a trip through Divers Supply East. He doesn't like Midwest Scuba very much as I was told...

I know they have a couple of Cayman Brac trips coming up this year. The prices seem pretty reasonable to me. There is also a tripo to Utilla, somewhere in the south pacific ($$$) and generally a couple of trips to Aruba. Cozumel and Provo seem to be frequent. I think the Bonaire trip was a first for the shop, but I'm not positive. What is nice is when it's a direct flight because the plane is filled almost entirely by the shop .

crpntr133:
Ok this is weird. Just got an email from Midwest and was told that they don't do a flier or email.

I think Diver4christ went with MPH on their last trip to Bonaire. Haven't talked to him but he posted that he enjoyed himself. I didn't think the price was out of reach..$1,500 I think.

Dan Gibson:
I have never seen anyone actually show a drivers license. They probably would if they tried to pay by check.

Just for the clarification, I never use my personal check to buy something at the shop (oh~~~No.....Once I used it to buy the car)... I only use CC or Cash......... I don't have any morgage and loan so that there is no reason to use my own check. In addition, CC always gives a cashback no matter how much I spent.....:wink:

As you may remember, even I paid all cost to Jody in cash last time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom