New to List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome! And, please?...old bag?! I'm 40ish and can't get into 78 degree water without a 6 mil suit on! Almost ready to drag a dry suit out... oh brother! You are my hero! I would love to dive in Alaska but I'm even daunted with the water temps in the Galapagos! Wimp....yep! Willing to do it... absolutely! Casey

Wow, what long thread for an introduction! To answer your question I'm in Anchorage, so diving isn't quite as convenient as it is for you. I did live in Juneau for 5 years, but I wasn't diving then.

For Kyleterry: Check out this article and don't let cold water stop you. That's what they make dry suits for! :D

You won't believe this but we spent a week cruising the coast of Alaska and never, not 1 single time, did it rain. Sunshine everyday! Everyone kept telling us we were very fortunate.

Dear Ages (and Caymancase)

"40ish"? Boy do I feel better now (am also "40ish" ) :D

Welcome to the scubaboard, ages, and don't worry about social faux pas....after you have seen the Warhammer Maneuver, you will realise that all social faux pas are already taken hehehe

gozumutti

W

Here's some answers to the questions asked!!

Kyle - well, my favorite is rolling over on my back and watching the emerald green sun rays shining down!! You all see them in blue, but emerald is quite wonderful!! My average dive is 40 - 50 minutes (diving a steel 100 with a max depth > 90 feet). I have seen balls of king crab 20 feet tall (it's a spooky sight), laid nose to nose with 1200 pound sea lion, played bubble blowing games with sea lions, seen my buddy kssed by sea otters, heard whales sing, pick so many scallops I've needed a lift bag to get them to the surface. I've watched sea pens being eaten by tochni, landed on 200 pound halibut, seen balls of herring that rival any schooling fish in the tropics! Diving the wreck of the Princess Kathleen is a world class wreck dive. She is one of the few in tact passinger liners in the world. Diving the wreck of the Sophia is sobering...knowing that all souls aboard were lost...but it is a beautiful wreck. I have seen 100+ viz and 3 inch viz!! This is a remarkable place to be diving!!

Caymancase - I'll be 49 here shortly and you are my hero!! I would love to dive the Galapagos....That must be a most remarkable place to dive!!

DiverCCRN - yup!! No other way to dive here but dry! I even dive dry in the warm waters of California!!

Warhammer - you truly are lucky!! We don't grow these magnificant forests without a load of rain!!

Gozumutti - 4-ish eh....next year it's 50-ish for me!! Deep sigh! So what is the Warhammer Maneuver? Don't want to outdo the pro!!

Enjoy - ages

What do you think guys. Should we tease him for a while or let him in on the most remarkable thing to ever come across these boards?

Almost forgot - Welcome home Ages

Tom

Welcome Ages! I've just spent the weekend in 46 degree water and swore it was my last! You descriptions of the diving up there is facinating please tell us more.

Oh yea...I'm another old broad...47 and never better.

Me thinks that since this manuver thing has stuck to me like.... well.. you know, the royalties should be flowing in. I check the mailbox everyday, but no, nada, nutin' honey, not a red cent so far. What's the deal? I thought sure I was gonna make a killing off this one! But maybe I will if I can ever get King Neptune, Don, and Mario in the same ocean as me, make a killing that is! Hope you guys have redundant reg hoses! :)

I think you sold me on Alaska. Sounds beautiful. I do not know when I can get all the way up there.

I am diving in the kelp forest in Monteray, CA next month. That will be the coldest water I have ever been in.

Alaskasounds like a great place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom