New to Lobstering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be careful about reaching into a hole or ledge after a lobster. The myth is that if a lobster is in it, a moray eel won't be. WRONG. My dad used to operate a dive shop and new a world class free-diver who drowned in 10 feet of water - reaching in a hole after a lobster and a green moray eel grabbed hold of his hand and wouldn't let him go. He tried to cut his hand off at the wrist, but was unable to do so before he passed out. The sad part was, his 10 year old son was at the surface watching.

Also, check the law books. Florida has updated their lobster harvesing laws and snaring lobster may be illegal. Spearing lobster definately is!

I've heard people say that if a lobster has a single antenna, it's a sign of a moray eel sharing it's hole. I haven't verified that.

Here ya go

GQRMHLNEWVEN.jpg

Lobsters (in season) are by catch. Girlfriend uses her speargun to coax them and grabs them with her hand. Slow and patiently.
Must be a good way down here she tells me bugs are on menu and catches them just about daily, when she wants them

Hey bug hunters, I was looking for some animated Gifs online and found one that would be fun for a sig line! So I thought I would share! Have fun out there!
bug_hunt.gif
http://www.lobsterslayer.net/images/bug_hunt.gif

Happy hunting!
Carolyn:sharks:

Last edited:
Don't EVER take a lobster in Nova Scotia. The lobstermen here have a deal with the Govt. from years ago. They set their pots 2 months of the year during season, make about 100K, and they and their WIVES collect unemployment the other 10 months. Taking a live SCALLOP out of season or without the $12 license can result in confiscation of all your scuba gear, boat, car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom