New Years in Bonaire!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillygrendel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
You know you want to spend the New Year under water!

Myself and O-ring are planning a trip to Bonaire for New Years.

Leaving Monday, December 30
Returning Monday, January 6

(Monday - Monday because the airfare is much cheaper)

We figure that we can do 7 days of unlimited diving, car rental and a place to stay for less than $600. It'll be even cheaper if we get more people!!

Let either of us know ASAP...

Matt

Other discussion on this -- this thread

Good choice.

My wife and I will be in bonaire starting dec 14 for about 3 weeks.

Staying at the black durgon inn.

Should see you there...

We will be there from Dec 31st - Jan 10th and are staying at Happy Holiday Homes.

Hey O-ring...I PMd sillyg that I too will be in Bonaire for New Years....December 25-Jan 6. I've been lucky enough to experience a few Bonairian New Years.....you are in for a fabulous time. How about a midnight dive and a drink or several after........

scubagrl once bubbled...
Hey O-ring...I PMd sillyg that I too will be in Bonaire for New Years....December 25-Jan 6. I've been lucky enough to experience a few Bonairian New Years.....you are in for a fabulous time. How about a midnight dive and a drink or several after........
Neither Matt nor I have ever been to Bonaire and we have no plans as of yet for New Years. We are staying at Happy Holiday Homes and are getting there rather late (around 9 pm) on the 31st.

How should we plan to hook up?

I was starting to read them all and make a list of the ones I wanted to "definitely" hit...then I realized that we will be there long enough to do all the ones on the site.
:D

There are no bad dives in Bonaire.....some shore dives require a bit more work, just lugging equipment, but nothing too bad. Klein Bonaire has great sites as well, so make sure you jump on your dive shop's boat at least a couple of times. BTW, are you guys renting a car?

I told Matt that if you want me to grab a couple of tanks for you New Years Eve to just let me know. Perhaps I could guide your checkout dive that night! I suppose you'd probably prefer one during the day though.

For topside activities that night, I know quite a few people who are going to be in Bonaire for New Years....dinner/drinks at Lions Den is always a good choice......then perhaps a quick drive into town for a night of debauchery........

scubagrl once bubbled...
There are no bad dives in Bonaire.....some shore dives require a bit more work, just lugging equipment, but nothing too bad. Klein Bonaire has great sites as well, so make sure you jump on your dive shop's boat at least a couple of times. BTW, are you guys renting a car?

I told Matt that if you want me to grab a couple of tanks for you New Years Eve to just let me know. Perhaps I could guide your checkout dive that night! I suppose you'd probably prefer one during the day though.

For topside activities that night, I know quite a few people who are going to be in Bonaire for New Years....dinner/drinks at Lions Den is always a good choice......then perhaps a quick drive into town for a night of debauchery........
We were wondering about how we were going to pull that off since the dive shop will be closed...can you lead a checkout dive? I thought we had to have a tag or something that we got from the "official" marine orientation or something? We are definitely in for a night dive...we both have big lights, so no problem there..

Yes, we are renting a car for the whole 10 days. I guess we just need to figure out how to get in touch with you once we get into Bonaire. Should we meet you somewhere at a certain time or call you?

Thanks again for all your help...looking forward to it immensely!

Yeah, you'll need a Marine Park tag to dive....duh, forgot that part! So you won't be able to dive until New Years Day, but that's not so bad, is it? As far as the checkout...I'm not sure what your diveshop's procedures are, but perhaps they'll require you to dive with a DM from their staff. I tend to just do the dive with the friends I'm with.

We'll arrange later how we'll hook-up....my condo does not have a phone, but you can always leave a message with the office...I'll PM either you or Matt with details later......

Getting excited already!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom