Newbie light buyer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, what makes them preferable to using a twist-on light (no constant output circuit) with a good quality 21700 rechargeable? I.e. a light that you can charge to Full before the dive, versus a light that you either put a new battery in after every single time you use it, or you choose to start dives with a battery that you know isn't full. A light that won't have its battery leak inside the light if you let it sit for a month or two, versus one that could.
In the cases with Scout and Heser-Backup? Build quality, C-cell availability, ability to fix/upgrade the head, ability to operated when flooded, insane burn time with enough light in overhead environments. We are talking > 10 hours. Not applicable to the OP or this thread, but you asked.

Btw, you should not store batteries inside electronics you don't use, and if you dive with any battery powered device, you should have access to fresh batteries and a voltmeter.

Obviously, Stuart, you have your preferences and I have mine. I know that cheaper DGX and the likes are all the rage here, and I am simply trying to provide an alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom