Newly certified - Aldora, DiveWithMartin, or?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good call, I've almost needed it once. Embarassing. It was on St Martin, and I'd been to the dang place at least a half dozen times before but the traffic jam just about got us all, we screeched to a halt at the dock, the rental car company rep was waiting he was waving us toward the ship like a 3rd base coach. Four adults running to the cruise ship one bare foot, the rest in flip flops as everybody is watching and cheering you on from the railings is really not as fun as it might sound!

Four adults running to the cruise ship one bare foot, the rest in flip flops as everybody is watching and cheering you on from the railings is really not as fun as it might sound!

There are YouTube videos of this.

We got a balcony just to see runners in cozumel. So many people were late there was still a giant line to board at our sail away time (not all aboard time). We eventually gave up and went to dinner it was so delayed. It was funny, yet sad, how drunk some of the passengers were. I'm surprised ships don't have more alcohol posioning issues. Many people boarding could barely walk.

Last edited:
Gone?

Am I thinking of the wrong place? What's the crazy bar at the lobster point mall?

What is lobster point mall? Punta Langosta in town? Senor Frogs is in the Carlos and Charlies location I believe. This is just south of the post office....north of Mega.

What the hell!

Now they've taken away the main reasons I like to go to Cozumel!!!! What's next Margaritaville closing??!! There won't be any place left to get an authentic margarita if that happens

Thanks for all the replies!

Do you know your arrival pier? If not, can you provide a cruise line and ship name and arrival date?

I don't know how to determine the arrival pier- I did a little surfing, but couldn't find it. We will be on the Celebrity Reflection, and the arrival date is 3/2/2015.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2014 at 09:45 AM ----------

Skittl, the OP should know the cruise line/ship name. With that you can find the time in port and docking pier and that info may factor into their choice.

I know that I like the beach surface interval that Aldora and others provide. Maybe Gryffin would like that as well. If so, that could drive them to a smaller subset of dive shops.

The beach surface interval does sound nice- it is a vacation after all!

---------- Post added April 30th, 2014 at 09:47 AM ----------

Sue Sue: Thanks for the list of recommended questions! I will be using this as a template for contacting dive operators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom