NewsLeader Talks About Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
Someday we are going to have to have some type of Table Rock Lake Dive Ralley event and all dive togther.

N

Sounds cool let me know. I think a lake clean up should be happening soon. Last year my dive buddy who I forced to go won a full scuba setup. I am not sure when it will be but I will be on the look out.

Floridawannabe:
Sounds cool let me know. I think a lake clean up should be happening soon. Last year my dive buddy who I forced to go won a full scuba setup. I am not sure when it will be but I will be on the look out.

Wkndbum

Status
Profile Info
Logged Dives: 100 - 199
Stats
Trader Rating: (8)

The last time I talked to Louis @ Scuba Sports in Branson, he was planning on doing the Project Aware Sept 15 on Table Rock.

Terry

"Project Aware and the Center For Marine Conservation have announced the date of the International Cleanup Day.
September 15th
Moon Shine Beach on Hwy 165, on the North side of Table Rock Dam
$4/car entry fee to the beach.
Arrival time: 8:00 am For more information give us a call."

Scuba Sports
1196 Highway 248
Branson, Missouri 65616
Phone: 417-334-9073
Fax: 417-337-7727
New email: info@scuba-sports.net

Wow I have been missing out. Since 99 I have only been diving in one cove. I didn't realize that there was that much to do on Table Rock Lake pertaining to diving. My opportunities are limited because I don't have a boat, and I am the only one in my family that dives. Have any of you heard of Caboose Junction Resort? I have been going there since I was 4 and diving there since 99. That is my Table Rock experience, but how fun that is. I didn't realize there were actual dive site locations.
So glad that I joined this forum and have had the opportunity to find all of this out.
Will have to make some plans for next June.

Disregard this post. THis was meant for a different thread. Sorry.

Thats OK, there are several good spots to dive in Table Rock Lake...

You just need to get out there and check them out...

Phil

Terry,

Are you still planning on attending? I am at this point, hope to be there for the full thing, assuming all goes well on my plane's annual which is supposed to be done Thursday. I meant to take off work early Friday but I don't think that's happening now and I'll probably get there late Friday night.

I wish that I could make it down there, but of course I have to work that weekend.... I hope that you guys have a good time...

Phil

The problem with man made lakes in general is that they are BORING, dark, low viz. Well, what makes Table Rock different is that it actually has dive sites, several sunken cruisers, the Zebulon Pike party barge, the town of Oasis, the Bridge at Kimberling city--the sunken one and other things. The downside is the typical COLD and low viz and unfortunately many of these sites are DEEP and suitable for drysuit and tech level divers. N

Sometimes a lake is fun to dive even if it's nothing more than a swim spot. I found a kids class ring a few weeks ago and returned it. He gave me an Applebee's gift card to eat dinner with, I didn't expect anything but it was a nice touch.

He lost it at a swim hole in a quarry at a state park. Expensive ring and he'd had it for less than 24 hours before he lost it. Funny how that works.

Here is another of the dive sites on Table Rock, the famous Kimberling City Bridge. Note hte depth. Now that depth is to the bottom on the downlooking sonar, my side scan is looking to the side. The sidescan does not work well at these depth but it does work. I had not found this site before. Notice the "hump" apparent on the down looking sonar. Also notice the depth of the top at 120 feet. You can also vaguely see the second thermocline right at 60 feet where you get a number of small reflections. The other targets are fish:

S00026.jpg

S00021.jpg

S00020.jpg

Another view of my favorite Table Rock dive site, the Zebulon Pike party barge:

S00018.jpg

Note that in the second image you can also see the deep thermocline. The top image is at 260 hrtz and the second image at 455 hrtz. See how the colder water appears cloudy--neat huh!

Did I mention cold and dark?

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom