Night Boat Dives in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully I'll be able to experiences night diving in my advance class soon. What is the time most night divers do?

Ben_ca:
Has anyone ever heard of any charters doing this? Provided it does complicate things a bit but it would be a cool experience... Imagine Stillwater cove at night :D

Just thinking out loud

Ben,

My shop (It's All About Scuba) has traditionally done a night charter on the Cypress Sea in April.

It's a whole lot of fun...getting out to familiar sites that are now "new" because of the darkness!

RoyN:
Monterey Express also does the night dives. Probably want to check them out too. Don't know why would anybody go diving at night except for studying the animals, I'm probably going to be fast asleep and didn't even know my air was gone about eight hours ago. :D

Roy... Night dives are awesome!!

I usually dive for lobsters at night, but ya'll don't have lobsters up there, do you! :11:

SoCalAngel:

I usually dive for lobsters at night, but ya'll don't have lobsters up there, do you! :11:

I've seen some at Monastery, and heard of someone pulling them out with a line, fishing at Breakwater.

anyone thought of doing a kayak dive at night?

skynscuba:
I've seen some at Monastery, and heard of someone pulling them out with a line, fishing at Breakwater.

you saw lobster?? at monastery?? Lobster??? Do you now know, that having said that, those poor lobster are doomed!!!

We do have a very few lobster up here. Somebody, Clinton Bauder, I think, has video
of five in a hole at Monastery, and there have been intermittent reports of seeing them
on night dives at the breakwater. But there aren't a lot, and I don't think anybody
takes them (the ones at Monastery are in an inverts reserve anyway).

Chuck

SoCalAngel:

I'll be doing a night dive pretty soon as part of my training for PADI advance open water in a couple of days and tonight I'm going to take the enrich air course.

No I haven't have seen any lobsters up here, but I did see a lot of a giant bat ray that flew by me about a couple inches away when I was in Point Lobos on Saturday.

I talked to the Operations Manager at MBDC this weekend. He mentioned if we got at least 5 divers for a night dive he would give a locals discount for 1 tank dive at $50.00. If we got 8 we could go out of the Bay if weather permits. Just let me know.

I was hiking at Point Lobos Sunday. Gosh it was beautiful out there. Trying to dive it Friday afternoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom