• No - I Can't Tell a Difference

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • Yes - I Think There is a Slight Difference

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Yes - There is a Significant Difference

Votes: 51 42.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found that diving 32% even for one tank of a two tank dive has left me able to drive home without feeling fatigued. It is not a symptom of DCS either. It 's because of totaly relaxing and stress relief, but driving 85 miles from the river to home is not the place to want to take anap. You can all come up with reasons and justifications that Nitrox at recreational limits isn't necessary or benificial but all I now is IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.

I am also very concious about how fast I ascend and safety stops.

chuckrt

I almost always feel energized and raring to go after any dives, air or nitrox - it doesn't matter. If you're tired after a dive, you're working too hard. Relax.

is mostly cold water diving in OH.

After two dives on air....I am tired and ready for a nap....I don't have that feeling if those same dives are done on Nx. It especially makes a difference if you are planning a night dive that day too...the third dive in cold water will wear you out...especially if you are making dives longer than 20 minutes in the cold w/ a wetsuit

I've noticed a significant reduction in fatigue when using Nitrox.

Some days I will make 4 dives using Nitrox with very little fatigue. If I was using air I would be whipped.

As far as I'm concerned air is for basketballs and tires.

Regards

But in the dives I did recently, I felt less tired, and also recovered from a tough up-current swim quicker than normal.
I am sold on the stuff. :)

daylight once bubbled...
Doing just Nitrox makes a difference and doing deep stops makes a difference, but combining Nitrox and deep stops makes a major difference.
[snip]
DSAO,
Larry

My experiences were very similar, however I've gotten very good results with the stops. I'd noticed previously that more rapid ascents (within accepted "guidelines') always made me doze off on the way home.

Very deliberate 40, 30, 20, 10, 5,4,3,2,1 pauses leave me wanting more diving!! (obviously the depth of the dive will dictate other "pauses"/stops in your profile)

Back
Top Bottom