• No - I Can't Tell a Difference

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • Yes - I Think There is a Slight Difference

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Yes - There is a Significant Difference

Votes: 51 42.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a theory.........

Could it be that for many the apparent benefits of nitrox are that for most they move onto nitrox as they become more experienced.

As you become more experienced you are fighting with yourself less and less to maintain bouyancy and body position which is very tiring.

I don't dive nitrox often , but when I have I have noticed having a hot face . I would normally associate this with being stressed. Any body else noticed this?

Cheers

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

What the hell is a double blind study??? maybe I'm just ignorant, but why not just blind....is double blind like having 2 blind hands to beat to win the pot?

A double blind study would be one where neither the researchers nor the participants know if the intervention contained the independent variable or not. In this case a third party would prepare varying concentrations of oxygen and nitrogen and supply containers simply marked “A, B, C, etc” to the researchers. The researchers would distribute these jugs of unknown concentrations of gas and have randomly sampled people complete dives of the same depth, time, workload, etc and gather data about feelings of wellness after the dive. By keeping the researchers and the participants in the dark about what gas was used, we can control things like rigor, validity, bias, etc.

Hope it helped.

On a typical dive trip, I like to dive two tanks on air and the afternoon tank and/or night tank on Nitrox. It seems to give me the best of both worlds. If Nitrox were less expensive, I would probably dive it all the time. Thanks. :D

Back
Top Bottom