Nitrox question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheelietaco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay i know the answer is already out there. But I am lazy today and don't feel like searching. but anyway

When you get trained in nitrox, do they give you nitrox tables or is this something you have to buy on your own? Also do different agencies give tables while some don't, IE: SSI gave me air tables. My girlfriend who went through SDI wasn't given one since they use computers.

And is there many different tables or just one with all kinds of formulas on it?

sorry for being lazy. Its cloudy and rainy. that stuff just makes me lazy even on a computer. Its sad I know!!!!

I didn't get any nitrox tables. Probably ought to buy some one day.

my kit (PADI) came with Nitrox 32 and Nitrox 36 tables

you can use an air table if you know the equivalent air depth (EAD) for the
nitrox mixture you are using, but you do lose some time due to rounding up.

The equivalent air depth (EAD) is calculated using this formula:

http://www.gasdiving.co.uk/pages/misc/Nitrox.htm#6

I did PADI nitrox last summer. The materials list on the website seems to say you ought to get the 32 and 36% tables with your "crew pak" but I didn't. I'm going to buy the two tables, both together are only about $20.00.

wheelietaco:
Okay i know the answer is already out there. But I am lazy today and don't feel like searching. but anyway

When you get trained in nitrox, do they give you nitrox tables or is this something you have to buy on your own? Also do different agencies give tables while some don't, IE: SSI gave me air tables. My girlfriend who went through SDI wasn't given one since they use computers.

And is there many different tables or just one with all kinds of formulas on it?

sorry for being lazy. Its cloudy and rainy. that stuff just makes me lazy even on a computer. Its sad I know!!!!

When you take the PADI Nitrox course, there are tables included with the book and DVD. They give you EANx32 and EANx36 tables, and also a EAD table that helps you figure out the regular air equivalent of a nitrox dive for any blend from 28 to 40% oxygen. So, even if you don't have a Nitrox RDP with you, you can use the EAD table along with the regular air RDP to figure out your No Decompression Limits, Pressure groups and Surface intervals.

NAUI gives you EAN32 and EAN36 tables. They also include an "Oxygen Calculator Enriched Air Nitrox" which gives you EAD (equivalent air depth) and your best mix for your depth. If you can i would highly reccomend a nitrox compatable computer though, it makes the calculations for you and extends your bottom time significantly.

The tables should have come with your crewpak. the 32&36 as well as the exposure and ead(equivalent air depth.) Either the store is getting a cheaper crewpak or they are taking the tables out and making extra. Just because a computer is used makes no sense to not give the student tables. If your comp craps out does that mean you can't dive nitrox then? That would be dumb.

wheelietaco:

I took a Nitrox course in Panama City and the instructor used an SSI manual and the table and the table came with the course material. It had three columns air/32/36. Made it real handy to see the difference in the time for the gas being used at each depth.

I guess i should have made it clear. it was ow cert that gave me tables. i am just looking for which agency to take it with. I like tables. i also use a computer that is nitrox compatable. i was going to take it through SDI and i would just like to be able to get the tables to.

As long as I can get them later if I don't get them in the course, that will work for me. Thanks for the info. SB rocks!!!! and so do you all!!!!:rocker:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom