Nitrox question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheelietaco:
I guess i should have made it clear. it was ow cert that gave me tables. i am just looking for which agency to take it with. I like tables. i also use a computer that is nitrox compatable. i was going to take it through SDI and i would just like to be able to get the tables to.

I've got basic nitrox through TDI, the tech arm of SDI. I'm assuming you mean you wish to take the TDI course because I don't think SDI has a separate nitrox class. The TDI crew pack comes with a table. It's better than the PADI tables in some ways. One side has EAD for air table depths 30-140 feet for all mixes 21-40% in one percent increments. This side also has the MOD for PO2 of 1.4 and 1.6 at each of these O2 mixes. The other side of the table has the PO2 time limits for the same mixes, 21-40% in one percent increments, for desired max PO2 exposure from 1.0-1.6 in 0.1 increments. Very concise and handy. The drawback is that it's not the thicker, rigid style of slate, but a thinner, flexible coated plastic.

beezwax:
I've got basic nitrox through TDI, the tech arm of SDI. I'm assuming you mean you wish to take the TDI course because I don't think SDI has a separate nitrox class. The TDI crew pack comes with a table. It's better than the PADI tables in some ways. One side has EAD for air table depths 30-140 feet for all mixes 21-40% in one percent increments. This side also has the MOD for PO2 of 1.4 and 1.6 at each of these O2 mixes. The other side of the table has the PO2 time limits for the same mixes, 21-40% in one percent increments, for desired max PO2 exposure from 1.0-1.6 in 0.1 increments. Very concise and handy. The drawback is that it's not the thicker, rigid style of slate, but a thinner, flexible coated plastic.

sounds like a plan to me. thanks

I just signed up for the PADI course and got a book and tables.

When I did my NITROX course, I had to purchase them seperatly and you had to have them for the exam. I don't know if I got taken, but that is the way they did things there. I haven't been back!

wheelietaco:
Okay i know the answer is already out there. But I am lazy today and don't feel like searching. but anyway

When you get trained in nitrox, do they give you nitrox tables or is this something you have to buy on your own? Also do different agencies give tables while some don't, IE: SSI gave me air tables. My girlfriend who went through SDI wasn't given one since they use computers.

And is there many different tables or just one with all kinds of formulas on it?

sorry for being lazy. Its cloudy and rainy. that stuff just makes me lazy even on a computer. Its sad I know!!!!

The PADI crewpack should include the tables for 32 & 36, as well as a table to compute the equivilent air depth. As important, included is the table for determining PPO and O2 tox limits.

Look on ebay, I've seen them sold there separately.

I should have added that with the TDI table, since it gives the exposure limits for all mixes 21-40% in one chart (rather than a dedicated chart for a specific mix, 32/36 etc) what it does not have room to include are surface interval times and repetitive dive times. FYI.

wheelietaco:
I guess i should have made it clear. it was ow cert that gave me tables. i am just looking for which agency to take it with. I like tables. i also use a computer that is nitrox compatable. i was going to take it through SDI and i would just like to be able to get the tables to.

For PADI, the Nitrox and Air tables are compatible. I assume the same is true of other certification agencies. That means, in PADI parlance, that if you are in pressure group "M" on Air, then you are in PG "M" for Nitrox. This makes it easy to plan multiple dives with different gasses. The tables are basically identical with different numbers on them. The EAD table is more of a change, but I assume every agency's table is similar.

So, one option is to take the class with whoever you want, but buy the tables (PADI's are available separately from the book) from your OW agency.

I did my NITROX class a couple of years ago with TDI. I purchased tables separate from the instruction price.

I have a program in my phone (palm os compatible) that tells me my key information like MOD for both 1.4 ATA and 1.6 ATA. It also lets me know my max no deco time, as well as my PO2 and EAD, of course I need to tell it my planned mixture and depth. Basically it tells me everything tables would except N2 loading for a second dive.

Of course this is all alphabet soup until you have taken the class, then it should make sense.

Mark Vlahos

With IANTD, you don't get any tables that you can dive with, but their tables from air-40% (I think) for both diving and deco are in the back of the book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom