Nitrox question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beezwax:
I've got basic nitrox through TDI, the tech arm of SDI. I'm assuming you mean you wish to take the TDI course because I don't think SDI has a separate nitrox class.

SDI offers an "Easy Nitrox" class. Several shops around here offer it for real cheap ($90). Computer required. I have never seen the materials, but I have a friend who is planning on taking the course.

wheelietaco:
Okay i know the answer is already out there. But I am lazy today and don't feel like searching. but anyway

When you get trained in Nitrox, do they give you Nitrox tables or is this something you have to buy on your own? Also do different agencies give tables while some don't, IE: SSI gave me air tables. My girlfriend who went through SDI wasn't given one since they use computers.

And is there many different tables or just one with all kinds of formulas on it?

sorry for being lazy. Its cloudy and rainy. that stuff just makes me lazy even on a computer. Its sad I know!!!!

My NAUI Nitrox course including EAN32 and EAN36 tables with the Nitrox textbook (in addition to some circular tables.

The PADI Nitrox Kit comes with all the dive tables you will ever need but you have to buy it. It's required with the course....

I take my Nitrox test next week and the Padi packet that I got had everything in it. Both tables fro 32% and 36% and the EAD tables. Can't wait to get in the water again.

Tatakai

Mark Vlahos:
I did my NITROX class a couple of years ago with TDI. I purchased tables separate from the instruction price.

I have a program in my phone (palm os compatible) that tells me my key information like MOD for both 1.4 ATA and 1.6 ATA. It also lets me know my max no deco time, as well as my PO2 and EAD, of course I need to tell it my planned mixture and depth. Basically it tells me everything tables would except N2 loading for a second dive.

Of course this is all alphabet soup until you have taken the class, then it should make sense.

Mark Vlahos
What program is this? I'd love to have something like that for my Treo...

So much for teaching standard gases, and an easy to use EAD formula so you can use your air table you already know anyway........

Dive planning made seriously simple, and no hand-helds, 6 flip-charts on a key-ring etc.........

Sad to see niether TDI nor Padi by standard yet teaches this :(

Scuba_Steve:
So much for teaching standard gases, and an easy to use EAD formula so you can use your air table you already know anyway........

Dive planning made seriously simple, and no hand-helds, 6 flip-charts on a key-ring etc.........

Sad to see niether TDI nor Padi by standard yet teaches this :(
I'm not sure what you are talking about. The PADI course teaches EAD with the air table and the 32/36 tables. In fact, on the test it gives you problems with 32/36 but to get the "right" answers, you have to do it with the EAD method, not the 32/36 tables.

(Since you always round up and the EAD method is more steps, you get a more conservative answer using EAD with air tables than the dedicated Nitrox tables.)

Besides which, you use the tables identically, just the numbers differ. Sure, it is more to carry, but it is not something different to learn, really.

Back
Top Bottom