Northern Virginia Checking In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AccessoryToBirder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

Got certified when I was 13. Recertified 27 years later with my wife on our honeymoon. We're loving diving and slowly plugging into the community. Anyone in the area, please let me know if there's something I should absolutely know about the region (that's not easily google-able). Looking forward to new connections and discussions.

I’m down South of you in Lynchburg. There is a very active diving group halfway between us at Charlottesville, but as many people as live in NOVA I’m sure you’ll find a more local group to you along with one or more shops. Do a Google search for dive shop Northern VA. Many dive groups tend to use a LDS as a contact center for their activities.
A lot of the local diving in VA seems to depend on quarries for sites, which are OK for some training, but pretty uninspiring otherwise. I have done the bulk of my diving in the Bahamas one most of the rest somewhere in FL, but there’s a fair amount of wreck diving off the Carolinas, but for me the words “local” and “diving” don’t generally fit in the same sentence.
🐸

Thanks! I figured there wouldn't be much immediately available other than quarries, but I'm willing to make the trek to New Jersey, or North Carolina for wreck diving. Season is over for wetsuit divers, of course, but planning for the spring.

Many many moons ago in a galaxy far far away...we had a couple relatively active clubs and started a regional forum here on SB. I think most of those folks have moved on, but (if their website is any indication) Patowmack Divers still seems to be alive and kicking. You might try reaching out to them - Patowmack Divers Home Page. They also have a presence on the book of many faces - Patowmack Divers

Back
Top Bottom