Not to bring anybody down, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband:
OMG! I just looked at the pic of that bike you want. I'm in love! Mine was a '79 Bonneville

Joe

dude!!

wow... what a hard question to answer. the simple answer is i would not buy a bike
over her oposition, and she would not oppose something i truly wanted... so... she's
not thrilled, but she accepted who i was when we married (in fact, that's why she
married me)

likewise, i know who i married, and i accepted her and who she
is, and there are certains things about her i really wish would
change, but that's part of who she is and why i fell in love with
her 12 years ago... and so... it wouldn't be fair to want to turn
her into someone she's not.

i'm also buying a back-rest, and our first trip together on the
bike is going to be to the restaurant we ate at during our
(two-day) honeymoon in St. Augustine. but i don't expect
she'll be riding with me a whole lot after that, maybe once in a blue moon, and that's ok too.

OK
Great news that you have that understanding...Now don't become like, me. I've gotten back on the horse like 5 or 6 times now...

However, I do belive a relatively minor spill can be a good learning experience now and then...

well... honestly, i think if i crash again, i'll call it quits... maybe it's just not meant to be

i'm just hoping that since the cause of my accident was my own stupidity, i might be
able to not crash again ...

hmmm... it's looking grim, isn't it?

H2Andy:
well... honestly, i think if i crash again, i'll call it quits... maybe it's just not meant to be

i'm just hoping that since the cause of my accident was my own stupidity, i might be
able to not crash again ...

hmmm... it's looking grim, isn't it?

Seems like there is always an abundance of stupidity to go around. Whether it's mine or others'...

Yuh, I can sympathize with your wife, Andy. I married a guy who loves to fly single-engine airplanes. I know he is a good pilot, but he has told me some hair-raising tales. I just have to deal with it, I knew what I was getting into when I married him. I am sure you will be extra careful with your new bike now that you have had this harrowing experience. Right? RIGHT?

Nice choice in bikes Andy. 'course I'm biased since my primary means of transport is a Speed Triple. I hope you're comfortable talking to strangers, you're going to be approached a lot:
"I didn't know they were in business again..."
"how fast does it go..."
"back in the day I used to have a..."
"do they still make cars..."
"don't see many of dem down 'ere.."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom