Nov 26 - 3rd annual Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still cracking up! Gee and to think I just paid $70 in St Marteen to hang with those Black Tips! Gees I could have done it for free yesterday!

Scuba_Jenny:
Sharks in the water?? OH My, what is this world coming to????!!!

Li'l38:
Sorry I missed it, sounds like a must do for next year! :D Sounds like sweet potato souffle` (sp? pronounced soo-flay) did it have that crunchy topping? :07: YUM!
I didn't see any crunchy topping, but I did taste honey in it (found a lil pocket of it) and it was sooo yummy to have warm honey and sweet tater!

Li'l38:
OOOH yeah! Great idea!! It'll be the time of year for lemon shark, right? Or is that a day-time thing only?..........not so sure I'd want to see sharks on a night dive :11: Time to plan it for sure, only a month away! <wishin' I had a drysuit BRRRR!)
Sharks are there day or night.. doesn't bother me when I dive, they'll always be around! I'm appearently blind to seeing them swimming around to as I didn't see the 8-10' bull swimming in the curtain 50' off but the others I was diving with did... I was much more concerned with the 3' long remora trying to attach itself to the buckle of my rig! Lets talk to ScubaKevDM and see if we can set up something for NYE or NYD on that superboat Splashdown with maybe a mid-night beach dive to ring in the New Year. :)

Great pics and thanks for making sure you got a pic of my big meg! Now everyone knows I DO WEAR a shark tooth necklace! Good to see you and meet some of your friends!

FlIrishman:
Ok - Great Party! Here's the 1st pic up. I'll have up the rest later today. If you want a copy of the 3 MPic [ 700 k ] pic, e-mail me the pic number.

http://www.irishmansoftware.com/Venice_27Nov05.htm

Oceandvr:
I hope to join the group dives/gatherings soon. I don't know about fingerfood coordinator, but I can cook! :D
OK... we've got lots of kids to do dishes... however you'll have to share the campstove and grills and such with me as I seem to find myself at those stations doing the cooking at outings! :D

I must say that this is a great family event. I think we had about 70 people including kids. Everything turned out really great. We seem to be getting better and better at this every year. I do know that Scuba Jenny has to bring her famous apple pie or the chief turkey fryer (Jim) will quit on us! Great job on the pie Jenny! It is awesome to have this event every year to look forward to. Nothing like some good food, great friends and a little diving to make for a great memory!

So when is the next party?

I must say for the second year, the food was AWSOME, thanks to the Chefs for all the food brought and Especially the turkey, it was great again....

I wished we could have had alittle better VIS as the only Diver off the boat was Jeff, and no he wasn't thrown, he didn't pay so I pushed him over... LOL Maybe next year we can get better vis and be able to arrange a couple more boats for this even, or Hey how about just doing it alittle sooner as a non official event....

It was great to meet everyone again and even a few new ones. Looking FWD to meeting ya'll again...

Quick report....
Thanks Brian for the personal tour on the boat. It was nice arriving via boat, but
the water was c-c-c-o-l-l-d!
Good seeing everybody again, and meeting some new friends.
As was already noted, the vis was somewhere less than nil, and that along with the cold water, kept this wimp from getting my gear wet. Perhaps next time.
And, I agree with Brian that we need to do this again...with warmer water temps!

Ann, glad Jim liked the pie, I am happy to make it anytime in trade for that yummy fried turkey!

That was a great day on the beach. I sure enjoyed meeting so many SB'ers who I knew only by their postings. Wasn't the weather perfect? And the food fantastic?

FLIrishman, nice of you to share the pics.

Special thanks to Dennis and Roxanna who gave me a ride back to the motel when my wife got tied up in the Venice Christmas Parade traffic jam and couldn't find me. Send me a PM and maybe we can get together again.

And the folks from St. Cloud, drop me a note, too.

And, most of all, tons of thanks to the organizers who made it all happen.

Scuba_Jenny:
And, I agree with Brian that we need to do this again...with warmer water temps!

Last weekend in June for the upcoming 3rd Annual KBulla's Birthday & Sharktoothin' Jamboree! OK.. there are others who have their B-day in that time frame to (Walter I believe) but since I will probably make the thread, I get to name it right!? :D

Brian - He was thrown off, we all watched from the beach.. then everyone on the boat yelled "SHARKBAITE, HOOHAAHAA!" and did some Xena Warrior "lalalala" stuff before you took the boat away at high speed... only to return a few minutes after Jeff had gone under water to provide him with the "Authentic" Venice experience of a close encounter of a boat passing your dive flag!

Irishman - great page of pics dude! I love the look on my sons face with that turkey leg! Xavier is crushed he's in no pictures this year, but he's kind of OK with it since I explained he was surrounded by older girls playing out at the waters edge! Thats my boy!! :14:

Olddiver2 - Oh man.. That was an X-mas parade??? At least I know what was going on now.. I tucked tail and drove towards the peir to get as far away as possible.. then on 41 we passed several floats... one looked like a big boat driving down the road towing a dingy behind it! Mystery solved as to what was going on!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom